Electric Motorcycle BLM Land and Investigation

There was an investigation of OHV abuse in an area close to me in the dez. Present where California State Parks, BLM, Sheriff and code enforcement. The people staged on BLM land and had electric motorcycles so they could sneak up on people. They charged their motorcycles with solar panels. The motorcycles could run 1 hour befor recharge. Some where dressed like motorcycle riders some where dressed in street cloths and some had uniforms.

IM not sure what happened as far as the investigation but it was in an area where I could see no OHV abuse. My question is can you use electric motorcycles legally on all BLM land? If so this may be the key to more riding areas. :lol:

I answered my own question I think. I was looking for a loophole and I lost. I was hoping by being electric it would not be considered an ORV

Title 43: Public Lands: Interior

PART 8340—OFF-ROAD VEHICLES

§ 8340.0-5 Definitions.

As used in this part:

(a) Off-road vehicle means any motorized vehicle capable of, or designed for, travel on or immediately over land, water, or other natural terrain, excluding:

So they use dirt bikes to check on areas where dirtbike abuse has happened?

That is about as hippocritically as a cop talikng on his cell phone while running a red light.

If a trees falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound.

If no one hears your dirt bike, were you ever there???

Where?

I could be wrong but I believe electric "motorcycles" are classified as mtn. bikes.

Either way this sucks. Now they want to sneak up on us.

I could be wrong but I believe electric "motorcycles" are classified as mtn. bikes.

You are wrong. If you take one on a trail that is closed to motorized use, you are breaking the law and liable to get a ticket, at least if the donut shop is closed.

Where? It was Presidents day weekend in Wonder Valley. This is why I made this youtube

I was hoping one might be able to use electric motorcycles on BLM land with impunity. The law states motorized vehicle so I guess a electric motor is a motor so its motorized. :lol:

Wow! Electric motorcycles and Portable solar charging stations! I'm afraid to even imagine how much that cost us in tax dollars.... and for what?:lol:

Fighting real crime is hard work, so lets go bust some dirtbikers.

Aren't electric motocycles are on the government recall list for high lead content? :lol:

I guess that the cops there have all the meth labs and graffitti artist's under wraps now and can now focus on dirtbikes.

Aren't electric motocycles are on the government recall list for high lead content? :worthy:

No they are not! We'll thats what they will tell. They are exempt from that program.:lol:

They are not electric "motorized" machines. They are electrical movement systems. Nothing to do with a "motor."

They are not electric "motorized" machines. They are electrical movement systems. Nothing to do with a "motor."

Sorry no loop hole to ride. I wish it were that easy.

A electric motor is a motor. Therefor an electric bike is motorized.

Definitions,

Motor: A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.

Motorize: To equip with a motor.

No they are not! We'll thats what they will tell. They are exempt from that program.:worthy:

:banghead:

We should demand public certification for safety, some kid might be tempted to lick the batteries. :lol::busted:

:worthy:

We should demand public certification for safety, some kid might be tempted to lick the batteries. :lol::bonk:

:banghead::busted::lol: :lol: :lol::bonk:

Here is another idea I have been toying with. Can you imagine an ATV that can fly? This would be perfect around my desert house. http://www.buckeyeaviation.com/aerialatv/

So they use dirt bikes to check on areas where dirtbike abuse has happened?

That is about as hippocritically as a cop talikng on his cell phone while running a red light.

so cops shouldn't go over 65mph to catch speeders?

How do you expect them to catch the perps? using a phsycic?:lol:

I'm sure they had good reason for the operation, they're not going to waste a bunch of time/money if they didn't have clear evidence of abuse.

If a trees falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound.

If no one hears your dirt bike, were you ever there???

yes, you were. Noise isn't the ONLY reason for restrictions.

Fighting real crime is hard work, so lets go bust some dirtbikers.

Exactly. They are the ones "helping" to close down our few and far between trails. I say if they're caught, they deserve every fine they get.

I was hoping one might be able to use electric motorcycles on BLM land with impunity. The law states motorized vehicle so I guess a electric motor is a motor so its motorized. :lol:

Interesting language, virtually all motorcycles have Engines but this one actually has a Motor! There is not such thing as a Gasoline Motor.