Sign in to follow this  

Sheriffs riding KTMs

50K for bikes probably another 20 to 30k for the trailer, money to train the riders ...

your tax dollars at work.

where is that place??? Riverside county??? where?? i would be so scared in the trails if those guys were hiding behind trees and stuff!!!! i would hate that!!!

Yeah..up where I usually ride--Miami Creek--the forest rangers that we see up there so often also ride brand new KTM's...

Yeah..up where I usually ride--Miami Creek--the forest rangers that we see up there so often also ride brand new KTM's...

will they pull you over while your riding a trail??? do they have guns??? will they tazer someone off their bike??? just really curious on what there job entails....

The only thing they want to see is the green sticker...and then we usually tell them what a tough job it must be to ride that bike all day and check stickers...

The only thing they want to see is the green sticker...and then we usually tell them what a tough job it must be to ride that bike all day and check stickers...

i still think its crazy!! i would love to have that job!!! tax dollars at work!!!!!!!!

Im just pissed that they have better looking plastics and graphics than I do. I'd be really pissed if they came equipped with some akra exhausts and scotts steering stabilizers and what not, haha. Like thats going to happen

That's ridiculous... our hard earned tax dollars at work... seems excessive to me. Why do cops feel the need to regulate trails? Seems like it should be out of there jurisdiction. I mean I understand having to pay to use the roads (taxes, tags) because money is spent on their construction and upkeep. But its everyone's earth, man...

50K for bikes probably another 20 to 30k for the trailer, money to train the riders ...

your tax dollars at work.

Not to mention, the tricked out Rhino flanking the left side. Punks.

No wonder Cali is broke. I'd be pissed. Hell, I am pissed.

Ostentatiousness bordering on the obscene.

Why are we letting this happen to us? :lol:

It is rediculous, They are having to lay off teachers due to budget, but they can buy KTMs and trialers to bust people in the hills. In riverside there are much bigger problems they could spend money on crime wise, as well as teachers etc..

Last year I saw our local El Paso county (Colorado) fire dept search and rescue squad on two new 450 EXC's assisting a busted up mountain biker on a fairly technical single trrack trail just outside of Colorado Springs. We had a short conversation as they told me I had to turn around and go back down the trail whilst they got the busted up guy off the mountain.

I thought that was a good solid purchase for our county and when the two search and rescue guys asked me how I kept my 525 from overheating in the tight stuff I told them to go online buy some JD jetting kits and a couple KTM hardparts fans.

The bikes they were on were bone stock untouched 450EXC's purchased by the county to help and assist injured and lost trail users....Not to harass, regulate or pester.

Not sure how it works around CA, but around these parts, local businesses pay for the bikes/quads/trailer/DARE vehicles and allow the local PD/FD "use" them. They need to return tham after a period of time where they get sold as used vehicles. The local businesses get free advertising, the sheriffs and whatnot get to use the vehicles without paying for them. This actually SAVES tax dollars.

Can anyone show what program they are for, or who paid for em or is everyone just flying off the handle with no facts?

If it's the Sherriffs dept, the entire county is their juristiction, not just paved roads. With the amount of knotheads infecting the trails with their go anywhere mentality, I'm all for more enforcement. It's this kind of mindset that closes more land than opens it.

Besides, I'd probably be more pissed about the almost 5 million needed for the helicopter.

Budget clicky