Sign in to follow this  

Semi-fastkevin mapping the Akrapovic

Picked up an Akra "Race" system for a customer, then built a map for him.

You can see from the pics, the Akra now comes with something like a "Boost bottle" mounted to the head-pipe. Not pictured is a pretty neat carbon fiber heat shield. We didn't mount it, as there was no need to for our purposes. You can see it also has a pretty long can. I personally don't like long cans, as they can get leveraged in a crash, and bend the piss out of the subframe, but sometimes they're needed for power.

The Akra does a pretty good job of picking up low-to-mid, and also a decent job picking up the top-end, once I altered the mapping. Just like on the CRD, a proper map was worth roughly 2hp-peak. In the low-mod area, it picked it up on it's own.

009-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

001.jpg

those are nice pipes , the bottle on the header is a resonator , it lowers the db output by probably 1.5 or so

those are nice pipes , the bottle on the header is a resonator , it lowers the db output by probably 1.5 or so

Oh Yeah..?

Arata uses something similar on their race exhaust for the Kawi 650R, and it's there for power. It has it's own outlet however... Because of this, I assumed it was for the same purpose on the Akra. Didn't know it was a muffling device.

Thanks for the info.