Sign in to follow this  

Ridge Crest Desert 03-09 to 03-12

My nephew is coming in from CO. 03-06 to 03-12 so I am taking him out to Ridgecrest, maybe like Wagon Wheel, Charlie's Place, Spangler area for an over nighter. :lol: Any one like to join in during that time frame? Would like to show him the Torana Pinicals, Husky Memorial etc.

Let me know,

Gary

Just so you know Ridge Crest is at one end and far from Husky You might want to camp at Cal City in the middle and go different directions each day

Just so you know Ridge Crest is at one end and far from Husky You might want to camp at Cal City in the middle and go different directions each day

I am really open to anyplace. Free in the Desert is always good. I am a Tent man right now. So, Cal City is $$ for nothing I need. :lol: But like I said, I am open to any.... I know for sure. It will be between 03-08 to 03-11. I just got notice of a job interview (promotion) at 12pm on the 12th.

Where is Ridge Crest ??

And more importantly......where is Crest-Wagon ??

Smart ass aren't you Russ. :worthy::lol::banghead:

I am really open to anyplace. Free in the Desert is always good. I am a Tent man right now. So, Cal City is $$ for nothing I need. :lol: But like I said, I am open to any.... I know for sure. It will be between 03-08 to 03-11. I just got notice of a job interview (promotion) at 12pm on the 12th.

I've got plenty of ideas of where to camp. Can be discussed as we go. But Chrispy is right. If you want to do Husky and the Rand mountains, Cal City would be more in the middle. Husky from Charlie's Place or Prospector's Camp is at least 80 miles round trip and a lot of fire roads.

I've got plenty of ideas of where to camp. Can be discussed as we go. But Chrispy is right. If you want to do Husky and the Rand mountains, Cal City would be more in the middle. Husky from Charlie's Place or Prospector's Camp is at least 80 miles round trip and a lot of fire roads.

You have to deal with the same amount of roads or MORE if you stage at Cal City.

And yes.... Its Ridgecrest.

I still dont know where crest-wagon is though.

You have to deal with the same amount of roads or MORE if you stage at Cal City.

:lol: I did the dash as to seperate the areas of riding. Leave it alone or I'll :busted::lol: :lol: Geeze. :worthy: Kiss :banghead::lol:

Isn't Crest-Wagon that little ridge between Ridgecrest and Spangler where the goldminers used to have to climb to get to the mines in the Rand mountains?:banghead: They called it that because it was hard to get their wagons over that pass right?:lol: It was right near that place called City of Cal. So leave Gary alone.:busted::worthy:

Where are the Tarona Pinicles?

I don't think an 80 mile round trip is bad if its all fire roads. :lol: That could be a morning loop. You can blast down them. I just got back from Baja Mex. and did allot of the 500 and 1000 course and you can blast down allot of that also. 210 miles a day with lunch and short breaks on the way, 425 miles total in two days. So if I am not buying a house, location isn't everything. :worthy:

• Like 1

Tarona... thats a common mistake.

I just call the place Tronasty!!!

You guys riding on Sunday?? I need to roost.

The usual, Might get a hall pass and go to Stodd. Not sure yet, because of all the riding I am going to do when my nephew gets here.

Oh , I thought this was for this weekend!

By the 9th its supposed to rain again, the desert floor is green and the flowers are popping up,will be sweet !!

Oh , I thought this was for this weekend!

By the 9th its supposed to rain again, the desert floor is green and the flowers are popping up,will be sweet !!

It is amazing how much green is in the desert now. On some trails, hard to tell that there is a trail.

It is amazing how much green is in the desert now. On some trails, hard to tell that there is a trail.[/QUOTE]

Did you just say that out loud? EYE, EYE, EYE. I'll make sure to re-establish that. :lol:

It is amazing how much green is in the desert now. On some trails, hard to tell that there is a trail.[/QUOTE]

Did you just say that out loud? EYE, EYE, EYE. I'll make sure to re-establish that. :lol:

Touche. But is true. Last weekend, there was so much green, it was hard to keep track of the trail.