Lower shock mount bushing

The bushing where the shock meets the swing arm on my '07 450 EXC has gone bad... squeaky, loose...a bit of wear where the bottom of the shock mounting "ears" are actually rubbing on the "eye" on the swing arm.

I removed the shock. How do I remove and replace the bushing? It appears to be rubber and plastic. I could just place a slightly smaller diameter socket against it and try to drive it out, but thought there might be a proper way that I don't know about.

Replace it with the F-Bushing. It can't corrode.

If you go with the heim joint, be sure to grease it with Belray water proof grease. This will help keep water out of it and it won't hurt the teflon.

Replace it with the F-Bushing. It can't corrode.

If you go with the heim joint, be sure to grease it with Belray water proof grease. This will help keep water out of it and it won't hurt the teflon.

+1 Absolutely! Don't even bother with the OEM heim joint.

Hey Jeff,

I sent ya a pm over at NBSR. If you can get the part and your bike over to my house tonight, I'd be happy to give ya a hand. I'm about 10 min from Mach1, 15 min from Ace motorsports.

Sent you a PM..

Dan

Thank you everyone. All good info. My trip for this weekend is canceled, so I have time to do this now without the rush factor... in the dark in the driveway in the rain...