Sign in to follow this  

Should I send KYB suspension to MCR thats local or ENZO

I have a 2008 YZ250F and I love the suspension so far its way better then my modded 05 YZ250F suspension. I want to send it off and get it re-valved for my riding style. Should I send it to ENZO who is supposed to be the best with KYB suspension or should I send it to MCR which is about an hour and a half drive from me? I went with Tech-Care with my 05 and it wasn't bad but MCR actually has cheaper prices and a better rep from what I've read. Thanks for your help and comments.

I always recommend local.....

If you already thing its great...then maybe it is correct for you already. What weight, speed, etc....

I have a 2008 YZ250F and I love the suspension so far its way better then my modded 05 YZ250F suspension. I want to send it off and get it re-valved for my riding style. Should I send it to ENZO who is supposed to be the best with KYB suspension or should I send it to MCR which is about an hour and a half drive from me? I went with Tech-Care with my 05 and it wasn't bad but MCR actually has cheaper prices and a better rep from what I've read. Thanks for your help and comments.

ENZO is often a very vertically minded suspension. It will be good for mostly one thing, one speed...etc. But it will be an improvement. Just stay away from all the add-ons, if you go this route.

My vote is to go local. Some of these smaller shops can really do some good work.

Caution, watch the prices with MCR, get a price up front. What is advertised on their website is not what you will pay.

I have a friend with personal experience with MCR, and it was not good. Poor performance and poor customer service. Of course this is just one opinion, but I'd go with Enzo over MCR. However, be sure to research Dave J on here, his company is Performance Suspension and his work is excellent. You can read multiple reviews and his posts on TT.

Hmmm... Curious about your dealings with Tech-Care. They've ALWAYS done right by me. I like a shop that asks lots of questions and stands behind their product.

On topic: Local every time. If you want something changed are you willing to ship it across country again?

-Tom

I'm not saying Tech-Care is bad I liked the work they did. I've been reading around in different places and a lot of people really liked MCR. However now people have been saying they've had bad dealings with MCR. So I think I might just go with what worked last time and have Tech-Care do the re-valve for me.

I'm not saying Tech-Care is bad I liked the work they did. I've been reading around in different places and a lot of people really liked MCR. However now people have been saying they've had bad dealings with MCR. So I think I might just go with what worked last time and have Tech-Care do the re-valve for me.

Ryan, the suspension guy at Tech Care is a good dude and does decent work, but not nearly as good as Dave J. I've had both and choose to send my stuff to Dave. However, Ryan did my suspension when he was fairly new to the suspension scene, so I'd bet he's gotten better, and he does spend time at the local tracks and is great to work with, so if you want that type of service I'd recommend him hands down over MCR and Pro Action in Michigan. I'm just so happy with everything Dave J has done that I don't want to mess with a good thing. Oh, the guy that did your suspension in '05 at Tech Care was probably JP, who now has his own shop, JP Bumpworks in Fenton or Holly. Ryan took over for him after JP left I believe.