Sign in to follow this  

Odometer and km/h

When I press the 'Select' button to switch back and forth between km/h and mph, the "Total Miles" doesn't switch back and forth between mph and km/h, and neither do the trip meters. They all increase at the km/h rate, as far as i can tell. Can someone with a working odo tell me whether they should change every time I hold the button down?

Switching the speedo between miles and kilometers does just that, it switches the speedo. The odometer and trip meters remain in either kilometers or miles depending on the model.

On my 2006 S you can only toggle the speed units between MPH and KMH. The distances accumulate in miles regardless of the setting for the speed units. Hope this helps...

So mine accumulates in km. So either my odo or my bike are from outer space (or some metric country, same thing).

I live in Canada but I bought my bike in the US. It accumulates distance in miles. I have a friend with a Canadian model. His bike accumulates distance in kilometers. Perhaps you have a Canadian (outer space) bike :lol:

Yes, it seems one can only switch the speed and not the distsance back and forth.

If you want to change the odo and trip meters there is a modification that you can do that involves very basic but very fine soldering.

I ride a 2006 SM with switchable speedo but odo and trip meters in miles. This is really silly as we use kilometers as a standard in SA. :lol:

what i don't get is my bike is the same way... shows speed in KPH but distance in miles - the bike was sold in Japan and imported into Hong Kong both of which exclusively use kilometers.

any details on that soldering mod?

what i don't get is my bike is the same way... shows speed in KPH but distance in miles - the bike was sold in Japan and imported into Hong Kong both of which exclusively use kilometers.

any details on that soldering mod?

Do a search. One of the UK members even posted the wiring diagram and exact instructions on which jumpers to change and re solder...