Sign in to follow this  

I know this is Taboo,,,,,,,but

I have a guy ( co-worker) new to the sport ....that is new to the sport and young,that is caming in a week or so in Gorman ,,,,and was thinking of heading into the (((closed forest)))) LPNF . I told hime the fine would be steep , I need to convince him it could be ugly. anyone have any idea how bad the fine could get. ?

Thanks

Forget the fine , how about stay out of the closed forest so the rest of can ride there when it reopens.People that think like you are the reason they lock us out forever.

The actual fine is not that much if the forest service issues the ticket. If a Sherrif does it then the fine is larger, but still three digits I think. Now if you get hurt and require rescue you will pay a lot more.

All you would find is deep snow and/or ice anyhow. If you want better than Gorman head out to the Desert.

if its closed then tell him not to go. there's always someplace open, find it and take him there, him riding a closed area hurts you and everyone else who rides. STOP THE MADNESS. seriously, help him make the right decision

It's not the fine that will get you. It's the court costs and the restoration fees. How long do you think it will take a government worker, paid by the hour, to repair the damage they assign to you.

Forget the fine , how about stay out of the closed forest so the rest of can ride there when it reopens.People that think like you are the reason they lock us out forever.

its not him, its his buddy... but keep him outa there! we can't afford having more trails closed :lol:

like the others said tell him that braking the rules is what takes our land from us... I don't know the actual fine for the location but I do know the friggen fine for no spark arrestor in Gorman.... $675!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell me that isn't a little steep..... and god forbid you get hurt there, if you do don't ask a ranger for directions to the nearest hospital unless you want your insurance company to find out how much a helicopter flight is!!!

One would even wonder if the powers that be would even rescue you. That is the reason they close the gates in the first place, that and all the snow. Bad idea dude. Putting yourself in harm's way for NO REASON. Plenty of other places to ride. Only have to wait another 2-3 months till it opens anyway.

yeah, definitely don't let him go ridingin a closed area because riding areas are already being lost we need to keep the ones we have left. i don't know about out in cali but here in VA not only can you get a fine but they'll take your bike without thinkin twice about it no questions asked if they want to

It is unfortunate, but this is part of the apparent re-education that many riders still need. Please pull your friends head out of his rear and remind him that closed means closed. He does not have anything about him or his ride that makes him above the law.

There's a war going on here for riding locations, we need you and your friend working with us, not against us.

When your buddy gets caught he will become a "registered trail offender". There is no rehab for this sort of thing and will go on his "permanent record". He will have to check in with the law wherever and whenever he wants to ride and very likely get blackballed from any OHV area.:lol:

When your buddy gets caught he will become a "registered trail offender". There is no rehab for this sort of thing and will go on his "permanent record". He will have to check in with the law wherever and whenever he wants to ride and very likely get blackballed from any OHV area.:worthy:

Dude! that staement is too close for comfort. We are no longer the Land of the Free. I can honestly see that type of probation coming for anything we do that our powers at be see unfit. :lol:

When your buddy gets caught he will become a "registered trail offender". There is no rehab for this sort of thing and will go on his "permanent record". He will have to check in with the law wherever and whenever he wants to ride and very likely get blackballed from any OHV area.:lol:

He will then be posted by the BLM.

Karen's List.

A registered dirt offender.

All seriousness that is the mind set

that can so easily be corrected.

He is new and a simple no

and join this group CORVA

or BRC would be a great start.

He will then be posted by the BLM.

Karen's List.

A registered dirt offender.

All seriousness that is the mind set

that can so easily be corrected.

He is new and a simple no

and join this group CORVA

or BRC would be a great start.

Thats some of the best advice I've seen in awhile. I took me some time to understand what we are up against and supporting our OHV orgs will diffinetly help you see the light.:lol:

Have him him ride alone up there, Then hopefully he will slid down a steep off camber trail and the bears will have something to eat when if thaws out.

Bears love Douchbag.:lol:

ATV rider + Gorman + Illegal riding = Douchebag

Tell him to sell his ATV and buy a dirt bike and he won't think like that anymore :lol:

Friends dont let friends be dorkbikers either :lol:. You might as well just load up the bikes and take them to your local mall and tear up the escalators.

You and your "friend" need to do some more reading on this site and learn what the OHV community is up against. When you are out riding you are a representing all of us, don't make us look bad.