Sign in to follow this  

Urban Trials?

Ok so whos rippin up the streets? I know theres not a lot of people into urban obstacles nor do a lot of people have a good area to do it...but I really dig it for some reason...Im looking to get into it even if its on a peddle powered bike at first...

Just wondering who else is into it tho...I've linked up with one of the local trial riders in my area, one of the nicest doods Ive met, but I dont think him or any of his friends are really into the street scene.

I was thinking if I get a motorcycle just get a oversized tank and a back pack full of fuel and hit up whatever I come across.

Me, me, me... that's really what attracted me to trials. I haven't got the location or the cajone's to take to the streets on my trials bike though. Buuttttttttttt, I have a supermoto, so I hit staircases, "short-cuts", and anything else I can find on the streets. Jumping railroad tracks and cutting through schoolyards (when they're closed of course), can be pretty fun. Hmmmmm, maybe a Pampera, or even a heavily modded 250 street&trail should be in my future...instead of a 400lb. trail bike with street tires?????:lol:

It looks like so much fun. I can't afford the penalty for getted pulled over, or mabye losing my bike. So I built some mtb style ladders and ramps in the woods near the house.

I'll be rippin up the streets under pedal power after this Sunday, when my Meta Vtt (Metabike.com) comes in. I'll post some pics when I get it.

My riding is so rusty that I'll mostly be ripping my pants....HAHA

Can't wait to see the pictures. I myself don't ride the steets but I'm excited to see anyones pic's

Just watch "COPS", you will see them soon enough.

Speaking of the police, a few years back we had a few "problem kids" move to the area. They would ride the street, neighbors would call the police, kids would run to the woods to hide. Same old, over and over. Local chief of police stopped by my house to ask a favor. He had no plans of chasing the kids through the woods, but until he could "catch" them and give a good slap on the wrist,the neighbors were going to keep being a pain to him.

Kids were hiding out in the woods, he had me take my trials bike and chase them out, just come riding in an yell "stop police". OMG what fun, well the kids were doing things in the woods that were not exactly legal, when they scene a bike come charging up the hill and over the logs, well lets say I got to see the whites of their eyes. They jumped on the bikes and went running straight to where the chief had a couple of cars waiting. To catch them with illegal items just made it all that much more worth while.:lol:

Ok so whos rippin up the streets? I know theres not a lot of people into urban obstacles nor do a lot of people have a good area to do it...but I really dig it for some reason...Im looking to get into it even if its on a peddle powered bike at first...

Just wondering who else is into it tho...I've linked up with one of the local trial riders in my area, one of the nicest doods Ive met, but I dont think him or any of his friends are really into the street scene.

I was thinking if I get a motorcycle just get a oversized tank and a back pack full of fuel and hit up whatever I come across.

How quickly do you plan on getting locked up? Bicycle is one thing, riding a motorcycle in the streets is something else all together.

Wouldn't recommend it, or advise others to do it.

But nothing more fun than getting the milk and bread on a Sunday morning. A couple of stumps and retaining walls to hit up/ drop off and plenty of curbs to make it entertaining.

Cops come into town to start work at 9am. Looking at getting some Rec rego on the bike to make it a bit less illegal, in the bush anyway.

My buddies and I would ride the University of washington on our MTB's and did not get hassled. It was great lots of stairs to jump. We would ride down town Seattle and get kicked off of every builds property with 15 minutes it was a blast. I had a route piped out to ride my CR250 from the water front to my house by the UW but never had the balls to do it and no one else wanted to do it. The only time Joe Public got mad is when we rode down the escaltors at the QFC store on Queen Ann hill.

yea guys, really, stay out of the roads unless you have a plate. I just got back from court for my bike... and i wasn't even on the street!

more fuel for the greenies and all the other motorcycle haters.we cant even buy our children dirtbikes unless we buy elecric crap,have at it and hope you get caught m.t.c.

yea guys, really, stay out of the roads unless you have a plate. I just got back from court for my bike... and i wasn't even on the street!

Just watch "COPS", you will see them soon enough.

Speaking of the police, a few years back we had a few "problem kids" move to the area. They would ride the street, neighbors would call the police, kids would run to the woods to hide. ................ he had me take my trials bike and chase them out, just come riding in an yell "stop police". OMG what fun, ..........

:lol: Now THAT sounds like fun!!! Where can I sign up?:worthy:

lol ok well then...very mixed feelings on urban riding eh? half say it'll be a blast the other half hope I meet bubba in jail lol

I would get the bike plated thats not an issue...and I dont like getting my ish impounded before I even do anything lol...I was just wondering who did urbans on their motorcycle and how they liked it.

That gasgas dualy looks gnarly as hell!!! how does it compare to a similar model trials bike? I understand its based on a trials bike...but Ive scene 450lb motorcycles that were "based" on a motard.

If I get a bicycle then I will be riding streets 90% of the time...

*BICYCLE QUESTION: 24" trials bikes, are they just 26" frames with smaller wheels and tire? or are they their own specific size frame? I will def be looking at 26" stockers, but the 24"s caught my eye since I am not looking to compete just have fun.

We Need The Story!!!

I was stopped on a snow mobile trail near a park and stream taking a break. Helmet off, gloves off, i'm 20'+ from the bike. The NY DEC (bunch of jerks... but i'll get to that) pull up. one of the first things they ask me is if i have any warrents out for my arrest... then they ask if i'm wanted for terrorism. They got a laugh out of that. Ended up getting unregistered and uninsured. Long story short ended up pleading to the unregistered.

Take a look at this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy9nrchqFI it's so awsome, I'd love to try it. This guy must have a big sack.

*BICYCLE QUESTION: 24" trials bikes, are they just 26" frames with smaller wheels and tire? or are they their own specific size frame? I will def be looking at 26" stockers, but the 24"s caught my eye since I am not looking to compete just have fun.

Trials bicycles are there own frameset, see for yourself.

http://www.trialsin.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_53

I was stopped on a snow mobile trail near a park and stream taking a break. Helmet off, gloves off, i'm 20'+ from the bike. The NY DEC (bunch of jerks... but i'll get to that) pull up. one of the first things they ask me is if i have any warrents out for my arrest... then they ask if i'm wanted for terrorism. They got a laugh out of that. Ended up getting unregistered and uninsured. Long story short ended up pleading to the unregistered.

How much did it cost you red?

Heres another dupont vid - oldie but goodie. (you may want to turn the music down if you have small kids)