Sign in to follow this  

what to expect?

Today I just got the 08 crf250r, its my first four-stroke after riding two strokes for the past four years of my young life. I am posting this to hear people's opinions about this bike, and what to be excited about or not so excited about.

Thanks!

You probably won't find too many negative's on the 08 Honda. It's very reliable, and has a great track record. You'll have issues with any brand bike, it's just a matter of time. I personally like the Honda's in general. Look over these threads for a ton of tips as to how to keep it singing loud and proud! Enjoy your new bike, you made a great choice!

Its my understanding the 4 stroke is very high maintence compared to any 2 stroke, However I love my 07 250R.

Your jumping and cornering tecnique will be different based on the threads in the technique section.

I just fired up my bike for the first time and took it for a spin on pavement. I quickly realized that you have to get on throttle much more than a two stroke to really get movin'. Starting the bike was no issue as I thought it might have been. The power delivery is much more rapid on the low end rpm's, which I am excited about for the track this weekend.

I just fired up my bike for the first time and took it for a spin on pavement. I quickly realized that you have to get on throttle much more than a two stroke to really get movin'. Starting the bike was no issue as I thought it might have been. The power delivery is much more rapid on the low end rpm's, which I am excited about for the track this weekend.

you will learn to really appreciate this on the track:ride:

I am sure that after you get a little comfortable on the 4. The first hot lap you put down will really sell you on this bike over the 2t. Have fun and excellent choice on the bike:thumbsup: