Removing speedo

So when you remove the speedo unit, i understand it just unplugs. what do you do about the cable and front hub?

It seems the cable is moulded into the speed sensor. Can you just take it out and plug up the hole? Or do you have to buy a KX spacer?

This has been covered before . I just left it there incase i want to go back to the stock setup one day.

So what did you do with the cable?

I don't get it..? You can stick it in a closet, throw it away, use it to whip the neighbor's cat.. Whatever you wanna do with it...

I like the cat idea. It's just mine seems to be moulded into the front hub drum. So do i remove the whole drum?

I wish i looked last time i changed my front tyre.

If you are never going to use it again just cut the cable off down near the wheel. But be sure they are not cheap.

If you are never going to use it again just cut the cable off down near the wheel. But be sure they are not cheap.

Yeah they are over 200 dollars!

You could do what I did, buy a spare wheel of ebay for 100 bucks and just run that instead.

Unfortunatly with out the interest there is no aftermarket spacer.

I emailed them and they want $30 for that spacer. Didn't you say in another thread you used a KX spacer or something?

Wow, I think that sounds good deal. Yes, I did cut off the spacer by 3 mm.

Wow, I think that sounds good deal. Yes, I did cut off the spacer by 3 mm.

Yea it's not bad but it's the only thing I need to order from that company and then I'll have shipping on top of it. I was hoping to just run down to my dealer and pick up an OEM spacer if it would work.