Sign in to follow this  

TE250 to 300 gearing Question

Saving my pennies for the Athena 300 kit.. Currently have a 12T counter and am running a rekluse which seems to work pretty well all around (esp the woods)..

Just wondering if the 300 Kit on my 07 TE250 would make the 12T unessessary ? I'll put it out there for Kelly and Greg Matty any anyone else who may have this setup....

Saving my pennies for the Athena 300 kit.. Currently have a 12T counter and am running a rekluse which seems to work pretty well all around (esp the woods)..

Just wondering if the 300 Kit on my 07 TE250 would make the 12T unessessary ? I'll put it out there for Kelly and Greg Matty any anyone else who may have this setup....

I rode Gregs with stock gearing and it pulled just fine. I did not feel it was necessary to gear it down like it is on a stock 250.

Russ

I run my bike with the stock gearing and think it is perfect. I think all the stock TE's have a tall 1st gear but the added torque of the 300 kit makes 1st gear about perfect. It is surprising just how much more low end that 50cc adds.

Greg

The 300 has noticeably more bottom end and you can gear back up, especially with the rekluse. :lol: