08 or 09 Rekluse riders

Hey all,

I'm trying to decide between a new YZ or a new RMZ. I race hair scrambles and am going to throw a rekluse in either bike and was wondering if anyone had any experience with on in the injected bike?

Thanks!

I have the Rekluse Pro on my 08,took it off my 07when I changed. Inotice no differance from on to the other. I have the left hand brake and love it but I ride woods,single track and dont know if it would work good for track racing. Ervin

Bro,

I put a Rekluse Pro on my 08 and I gotta tell you, it's the best mod you can do on any off-road bike.

Before I was stalling out on all the gnarly, muddy, steep, single track and now with the Rekluse I just power through it all.

On an EFI bike, it is almost impossible to stall with the Rekluse, I heard some carbed bikes might stall.

A Rekluse Pro ain't cheap, but it's well worth it!

-Alex

My son is down in South Carolina now, racing an enduro Sunday then going down to Florida for the GNCC's, he put his Rekluse pro in yesterday and had some trouble installing it, he finally got it working right by removing some springs but it still has a slight screaching sound off the bottom, is this normal??? He said he loves it though.

I kind of thought that with fuel injection that the bike would be a little more stall resistant. How does the bike start? I run dead engine races and am also wondering if the bike would be good to start in say 2nd gear and be a 1 kick bike? Or is starting in gear not going to work. I've got an RM250 right now and I can click it up in 2nd and start every time 1st kick. I'd hate to loose that.

My 08 is not a good starter when cold but once warmed up it is a one kick start the resat of the day. Also if you tip it over it starts one kick no matter how long it lays on the ground. It will take a harder kick then your RM 250 though. Ervin

My son is down in South Carolina now, racing an enduro Sunday then going down to Florida for the GNCC's, he put his Rekluse pro in yesterday and had some trouble installing it, he finally got it working right by removing some springs but it still has a slight screaching sound off the bottom, is this normal??? He said he loves it though.

A slight squeal off the bottom is normal. Did he install the anti-squeal kit that came with the Pro? I installed mine and it still makes some noise.

I am not sure what he installed, which is why I am a little nervous, I will be down with him tomorrow night for the remainder of the week. I will give you guys his feedback on is setup, starting, or any other questions you have.

I have the rekluse pro also and it makes the same noise when the bike is lugged or I run a gear high. I love mine it does sure make it stall resistant.

I have the rekluse pro also and it makes the same noise when the bike is lugged or I run a gear high. I love mine it does sure make it stall resistant.

Yeah, it's great when you have a "get-off" and you actually have to go over to the bike and hit the red button to kill the engine, or you can just pick it up and keep riding.

If our bikes were E-start, not such a big deal, but having to kick-start a bike after a get-off after a long day of riding....... we all know the feeling.

-Alex

have a rekluse in my 08, it is the single best mod in a bike that i have ever done, so worth the money, the squeal seemed to go away on mine after some break in/tuning of the springs and balls, i do race mx but i do some trails too, it was sweet in ax also, put it in second and twist everyone who rides the bike says i'm cheating

I just installed a Rekluse in my 08 RM-Z450 and went through the break in routine. I have no squeel but did notice that the shift lever is real hard going from 1st to 2nd gears. The shift lever is like normal when shifting from 2nd to 3rd to 4th.

Does anyone else notice it being hard to shift from 1st to 2nd? Just trying to gain confidence on my install.

I also found that I had about 1/2 inch of clutch lever free play at 4,000 RPM without having to change the stock cable tension. The bike only has 5 hours on it before installing the Rekluse.

Has anyone had to adjust the cable tension much after installation?