DRZ SM - Excel Wheels

Hey everyone,

I heard that the DRZ 400 SM wheels came with Excel decals (as opposed to laser engraving or whatever). Are the Excel decals the yellow letters on a BLACK background or CLEAR background?

Reason I ask is that I'm going to buy some replacement decals on ebay but wanted to make sure I got the right background color for the black wheels.

Thanks,

JC

make sure to get the black background. I bought the blue ones with clear background, and you couldn't even see them on the rim. I ended up getting the black background ones and they show up more.

You are probably getting them from the same guy that I got mine from. Make sure the quality is good, if not, he will exchange them for you. It takes awhile, but he is a good ebayer.

Thanks Twinjetguy, but are the black backgrounds technically the stock background color as well on the DRZ SMs?

Thanks Twinjetguy, I was considering ordering a set of the yellow, but was not sure about the quality as they are repro's.

Thanks Twinjetguy, but are the black backgrounds technically the stock background color as well on the DRZ SMs?

I can't remember 100%. I think they are. I remember removing mine, but say for sure. If you have the black rims, get the black background, trust me. The clear won't show up nearly as well.

Thanks Twinjetguy, I was considering ordering a set of the yellow, but was not sure about the quality as they are repro's.

RToth...all I can say is that it is an honor to help out a motocross superstar such as yourself. Your training methods have inspired me! Inspired me to get another beer and have my cat give my tummy physical therapy! LOL

I bought an 09 DRZ400SM and it didn't come with the decals, so I called Excel and they shipped me 8 sets at no charge. I really didn't expect them to act so quickly. They came in the mail a few days later. I was one happy camper.

I bought an 09 DRZ400SM and it didn't come with the decals, so I called Excel and they shipped me 8 sets at no charge. I really didn't expect them to act so quickly. They came in the mail a few days later. I was one happy camper.

That's a good idea.

Why should you have to pay to advertise their product.