anyone running 13-52 or 13-53 or larger

I have 13-51 it helped some. but im still haveing to grab 2nd on our motocross tracks.

im thinking about bumping up it just cost to much to guess.

is anyone running anything larger on there local motocross tracks?

id like to be able to have good pull in inside ruts in 3rd. and then click 4th it helps minimize my 2-3-4 im doing now. and bumping neutral so often.

I think 13/52 is to close for mx. I like a 13/50. I tried a 13/51 but didn't like it either.

i run 13-51 and i still gotta hit 2nd on ruts. then grab 3rd some times 4th. i like riding in 3rd 4th instead of 2nd.

our mx tracks are corner jump corner jump few long sweepers. but deff nothing ever 5th gear on a 450. not often. atleast.

so has anyone road wit the 52 or bigger?here you able to carry 3rd through ruts without a slow lug?

I ran with 13-52 for that very reason, i could ride 2nd easy and usually 3rd even in tight ruts.

The only problem was that it absolutely chewed threw rear chain guides.

I ended up oversizing/ovaling the holes in aluminium chain guard bracket to get it to sit a little lower, seems to have done the trick on my 08 :lol:

Just do 14-47 and use 1rst/2nd gear

Hey why do some of you guys dislike 2nd gear? You accidentally hitting neutral with a loose left foot? Just curious?

I tried 13:52 for about 2 hrs. Didn't like it at all. Gears felt way too close together, and with the 4 speed 06 it ran out of legs too soon in 4th. I also got annoyed at having to try remember what gear I was in because it was never obvious.

Now I use 13:49 or 13:48 all the time. Love it. I'm in 2nd or 3rd most of the time. But I cheat because I have a rekluse to help me when I stuff up in tight ruts. But even without a rekluse, and with 13:50, a well jetted 06 will pull 2nd in ultra tight hairpin ruts with just one finger on the clutch in case if mishap. With WOT, the engine can haul hard from idle to the rev limiter.

i have an 08 so the gearing is differnt than an 06 since we have 5 speed.

so the question is do i go to a 13/48 and use 2nd 3rd.

or 13/52 and run 3rd/4th chain guide is already ate through so no worries there.

I used to run a 13/53. It was fine for trail riding but didn't cut it on the track. The shortness of gear ratio made it tough for me on jumps (much less roll on/off of the throttle) and on starts (went through gears too quick). I've settled on 13/51 gearing for now and with the other mods I've made it's a much better compromise for track/trail riding. :p

I have an 08, and I love the stock gearing for the tracks out here. Stab the clutch in the corners and let the torque take you away..

I run a 13-52... I also had a 13-51 before.. Didn't like it, went to 13-52, like it alot better... Only problem is (on the track) when u do use second gear, say off of a tight turn straight to a double with no run up, you gotta be a little EZ and steadier with the throttle or it will swap out on you.

Its just because it roasts the tire at will if u chop the throttle in 2nd gear.

I ran 13-51 with my crf and used 2-3-4th gear. I think if you go any lower your going to find yourself having to hit 3-4-5th gear. I say lug the bike and abuse the clutch a little when you dont want to hit 2nd gear and stay 13-51.

a crf is a different bike.. do you know if the gear ratios are the same? That makes a huuuuuge difference. Those sprockets only change the final drive.

i have an 08 so the gearing is different than an 06 since we have 5 speed.

so the question is do i go to a 13/48 and use 2nd 3rd.

or 13/52 and run 3rd/4th chain guide is already ate through so no worries there.

97on22s

As numroe said in another post 1st thru 4th gears are the same:bonk: your 5th gear is the only real difference in the gear box between the 06 and 08:banghead: so unless you ride in fifth your riding the same gears as we(i ride an 06)do...

Just my thoughts

Ernie

BTW I run 13/48(and its a blast)

a crf is a different bike.. do you know if the gear ratios are the same? That makes a huuuuuge difference. Those sprockets only change the final drive.

Look em up its easy to do. They are both MX bikes with close ratio trannys and they are probably so close it dosnt even matter.

ive road hond and kawi back to back honda carries 3rd 4th with ease where i gotta shift my kawi alot more. so there not the same.

a 13/49 on a honda will pull 3rd gear any where. a 13/49 on a kawi wont pull 3rd gear hard in a rut.

so im trying to get to what im used to 3rd 4th they are longer gears. than 2nd 3rd.

a 13/49 on a honda will pull 3rd gear any where. a 13/49 on a kawi wont pull 3rd gear hard in a rut.
Sounds like you just want to stick with 13:52, and use 3,4,5 gears which will feel closer together. Or else install the rekluse pro clutch and ride 3rd a lot with 13:49.

i run 13*50 on tracks and trails, then my desert gearing is 14*43:worthy: and its good for 88mph according to my gps. Not bad for a 4 speed tranny:thumbsup:

14-43 u official take the cake for craziest longest gearing I have ever heard of, and I am sure that a 125 would holeshot u... I guess u wont find too many of them in the desert tho..

Thats gotta be crazy adapting from 13-50 to 14-43.

14-43 u official take the cake for craziest longest gearing I have ever heard of, and I am sure that a 125 would holeshot u... I guess u wont find too many of them in the desert tho..

+1 !.........

That's a difference of 0.8 = same as a regular gear shift. So his 1st gear would feel like stock 2nd gear. But of course all gears multiplied by the same final ratio. So 3rd + will feel pretty tall. :p