Seat and Windshield on a Budget

This is my first time riding a motorcycle for more then 140 miles straight and two things are really starting to make me angry!! First after about 300 miles without stopping my ass becomes so sore that I need to move my leg over the seat and sling my ass off the side going 73mph. When I stop for gas I pop a few advil. its funny because I though people that complained about this seat were winers...I rode my bike 9 hours on a piece of leather pressing on my Arethra Franklin lol...not fun. lets just say I am lucky after all the long distance mountain biking I have done to still have a fuctional downstairs...lol

where can I get one of those cheap sheapskin covers?

second, I am on a really tight budget. but I cant help but think there needs to be a way to make a cheap windshield that screws into the headlight shroud.

after all I make my own motorcycle luggage in Atlata for $7. check out the rubbermaid. I couldnt validate paying over $200 for a box...thats just me

you can buy gel pads that you can cut to size and simply glue underneith the seat cover at a few online stores, that might work great, also try searching for diy windshield, quite a few people have made them out of plexiglass (just a warning though, you will find out that mounting a windshield on the number plate seriously limits your offroading abilities, just try ducking under a low branch :lol: )

find yourself some sheepskin...(and stay away from guiri)

ATV seat pads from Wal-Mart are about $30, I believe. It seems to be a popular addition to KLRs at ADVRider.

For the windshield, I saw a picture of a KTM once with a helmet visor bolted to the number plate. It made kind of a "re-curve" like on rally bikes.

ATV seat pads from Wal-Mart are about $30, I believe. It seems to be a popular addition to KLRs at ADVRider.

For the windshield, I saw a picture of a KTM once with a helmet visor bolted to the number plate. It made kind of a "re-curve" like on rally bikes.

I checked the walmart.com couldnt find it

I checked walmart.com couldnt find it

Just go into a few stores on your way and see if they have them is stock. A few people here have also not seen it on the website but still found them in the store.

Just go into a few stores on your way and see if they have them is stock. A few people here have also not seen it on the website but still found them in the store.

thanks I always thought the sheapskin was ugly.

This is my first time riding a motorcycle for more then 140 miles straight and two things are really starting to make me angry!! First after about 300 miles without stopping my ass becomes so sore that I need to move my leg over the seat and sling my ass off the side going 73mph. When I stop for gas I pop a few advil. its funny because I though people that complained about this seat were winers...I rode my bike 9 hours on a piece of leather pressing on my Arethra Franklin lol...not fun. lets just say I am lucky after all the long distance mountain biking I have done to still have a fuctional downstairs...lol

where can I get one of those cheap sheapskin covers?

second, I am on a really tight budget. but I cant help but think there needs to be a way to make a cheap windshield that screws into the headlight shroud.

after all I make my own motorcycle luggage in Atlata for $7. check out the rubbermaid. I couldnt validate paying over $200 for a box...thats just me

ATV seat pad -not available online from Walmart - go in person and look in the automotive section. It secures with straps that pretty much will lock down when your seat is bolted back on.

I think they were priced at $15 last time I saw them. They came in black and camouflaged colors. I live across the street from one here in Tucson. I will go check tomorrow.

seat modded: greatdaytoride.com $75

fuzzy cover: Ikea sheep wren, same as the stuff you pay big bucks for, in a size large enough to make two for about $25

Windsheild: really? get a full face helmet. You could make one too, with a heat gun and some plexiglass, but it gets to be a lot of wind on that sucker and it will bend back your light, unless you support it. I tried it, and didn't like the results. Full face helmet.

If nothing else, get the Ikea sheep wren. It was enough to save my rear on a few trips before I got the seat modded.

I could also pony up and buy a corbin...but I heard they were slippery. If I mod my z seat does that solve the problem of it being too skinny?

No, it won't make it wider at all. If you contact Spencer at greatdaytoride.com, he may be able to modify it for you at the same time, but I am not certain. You would also then need a new cover.

You could also try a Sweetcheeks. It's a fabric pouch thing where you put a 2 liter bottle on each side of the seat, and it makes it much wider. Alternatively, I have heard of people filling the bottles with fuel. Dangerous, but effective way of carrying extra fuel.

I have also seen someone make there own version, very easy to make.

Windscreen - Cee Baileys

http://www.ceebaileys.com/suzuki/dr650z400ws.html

Bought an extra light shroud from TT.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6202&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6254&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6242&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6286&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6294&g2_serialNumber=2

Wind will cause the shroud to flex, so I made the following supports which corrected the problem!

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11907&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11913&g2_serialNumber=2

It does not block the wind like my brothers Honda ST1300, but makes a big diff. on the pressure felt on your chest. I get a bit of helmet buffeting, which means I need to make a bit of an adjustment to my windscreen height and/or angle. All-in-all: worth the purchase.

I have a clear Cee Bailey's I could part with send me a PM

I have a clear Cee Bailey's I could part with send me a PM

do you have supports like the other guy made?

Nope, just stockers.