Sign in to follow this  

04 KTM 525 SX (6 speed)????????

Ok, now I am confused (which is not hard).

I rode my bike for the first time yesterday, and it has 6 gears (1 down, 5 up). I thought these were only 4 speed?

Everything looks stock and original?

Yes, it is a SX and yes it is a 525, and yes it is a 6 speed.

Is this factory, or has it been changed?

Cheers Gary

It has been changed. Nice upgrade.

Now add the E start.

Yes, it is a SX and yes it is a 525, and yes it is a 6 speed.

Is this factory, or has it been changed?

Cheers Gary

Nice score! The 6 speed box has got to be a couple of grand's worth of mods right there.

Has that bike got a steering damper, an after market muffler and has it got a nick from a rock on one of the downtubes in front of the engine?

If so, it's the same bike a "mate-of-a-mate" owned for a bit. It was a real minter.

Actually the 4 speed is the 6 speed box minus two gears and a few small parts, under $300 in parts not counting gaskets etc. I would not own a bike without 6 speed

Actually the 4 speed is the 6 speed box minus two gears and a few small parts, under $300 in parts not counting gaskets etc. I would not own a bike without 6 speed

do more gears on bikes sap power? the motor still has to spin all the gears right?

God, we wish...

Over here, with our weak currency and multi layer supply chain, the gaskets would run to $300 - $400 alone.