Sign in to follow this  

Going to the Sandbox

which day? I think I'm going up north anyways, but just curious.

have fun! It's different, but it gets a little easier after a few sessions.

How is the track now this week compared to the one they had there a few weeks ago?

How is the track now this week compared to the one they had there a few weeks ago?
What will be the new track layout this Friday when I plan on riding?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN_Kevin

MN Kevin

Thumpertalk Global Moderator

It is an all new layout again... All the jumps are similar to the last couple times, nothing bigger. I think lap times will be a little longer than before also. I rode a bit after we were done yesterday, and had fun.. Hopefully you like it, let me know

Marty

I will NOT be ridng Friday 02/27 as I hoped >> R knee is in tough shape.

Enjoy the riding. I may not hit the 'box until towards the end of March. Too many things happening right now.

which day? I think I'm going up north anyways, but just curious.

have fun! It's different, but it gets a little easier after a few sessions.

I'll be there with a novice buddy (not that I'm all to great) on Saturday hitting the 8-2 session. If you see a Kawi 250f #164 say hello! :lol:

-Mike

so it's not still the arenacross track, I take it? How were the jumps, what kind were they, did you make them all, and what skill level are you?

:p

thanks for the info

Really user friendly. Since it was my 1st time out this year, i didn't do the 2 doubles. Basically it was a left sweeping straight, into a tight left then right chicane into the "whoops" (more of a rhythm section), right u-turn into a table, left u-turn into another table, left sweeper into a double and a bigger double, right u-turn into a step down table, sweeping u-turn into a straight along the wall, left u-turn downhill into an uphill right turn into the large finish table... Prolly makes no sence, but besides the 2 doubles, no "do-or-die" jumps... i ride mid-upper C class and it was fun!

so it's not still the arenacross track, I take it? How were the jumps, what kind were they, did you make them all, and what skill level are you?

:p

thanks for the info

Steve,

I saw the track Saturday and you'll be fine! I'm going tomorrow:ride:

Steve,

I saw the track Saturday and you'll be fine! I'm going tomorrow:ride:

I'll be waiting for the ride report!

thanks Matt

Work cannot support it today.

Unless I am forced to work Friday (I have Fri-Sat-Sun off) Friday is my only hope, Obi-Wan-Kenobi.

My Q: How crowded are Fridays at the Sandbox?

I'll be waiting for the ride report!

thanks Matt

Well. I'm no wordsmith like you or Kevin so I'll just be short and concise with my report.

It was fun!

Overall I liked the layout and the way the ruts formed and the fact that there are now two doubles there, albeit very small ones. There is a single table top jump along side the grand stands that deteriorated over the night but they fixed it later in the night and it was fine. I also saw that this jump face was shot on Saturday too so I'm sure they're aware of it being a "problem." I would say my least favorite aspects of the track were along side the back wall (non grand stands side) where it was just flat with the exception of a bump at the beginning and end of the straight away. The lane next to that just had a big hump in it and really served no purpose. I think both these lanes would be better with a table or two like the last design had.

Overall: Fun track and a good work out if you push yourself a bit.

I would say my least favorite aspects of the track were along side the back wall (non grand stands side) where it was just flat with the exception of a bump at the beginning and end of the straight away. The lane next to that just had a big hump in it and really served no purpose. I think both these lanes would be better with a table or two like the last design had.

A killer whoops section there would be sick!

Yeah, but a set of stadium whoops to practice on would be nice...

Nice if I wanted a broken (fill in your limb of choice)...

Yeah, but a set of stadium whoops to practice on would be nice...
Nice if I wanted a broken (fill in your limb of choice)...

I'm with Kevin on this one, and also partially with our nocturnal friend; how about a compromise of some semi-wussy whoops so I can feel like a rockstar when I hit them? Full stadium whoops would really bring out the sissy in me.

Heck, just have to think about the back rhythm section they had last year. A lot of broken and sprained (fill in limb of choice).