Sign in to follow this  

knee brace question

I have had a set of asterisk braces for a while now and decided to get rid of them. They caused more blisters and chaffing than they protected me. Tried every adjustment and 2 sizes Medium and Large. I found a nice set of custom CTI2 and asked the guy for mesurements. Ends up that we have same diameter everywhere. Long story short how are the chances of those braces of fitting me. Or should I buy the EVS Web since they are off the shelf.

DrMark or anyone!

Thanks!!:lol:

I have had a set of asterisk braces for a while now and decided to get rid of them. They caused more blisters and chaffing than they protected me. Tried every adjustment and 2 sizes Medium and Large. I found a nice set of custom CTI2 and asked the guy for mesurements. Ends up that we have same diameter everywhere. Long story short how are the chances of those braces of fitting me. Or should I buy the EVS Web since they are off the shelf.

DrMark or anyone!

Thanks!!:lol:

Try the CTI 2's. I have a pair and love 'em. My wife has never had knee problems and found them too restrictive, but I think she was doing them up too tight. She gave them to a friend who uses them all of the time and loves them. The trick is to not tighten the first and third straps too tight. The first strap being the lowest one around the calf and the third one being between the knee and the top of the thigh. Don't forget to wear the little "sockies" that go underneath of them.

Ask your buddy if you can try them for a ride.

My only concern is that I am wondering if they are gonna fit me since they are custom fitted to the other guy. Sure the mesures match but there are millions of differents leg shapes. Cant try them first thats the problem!!

I just got a used set of CTI 2's from my brother. They are basically still new cause he never wore them. My bro and I have similar builds and these braces fit me. If you dont have a current injury then its not a big deal. I just had an ACL reconstruction on my right knee. I will be getting my own CTI for that knee because I want an exact fit and I am paranoid of re-injuring it. But I will wear the left brace (from my brother) with no worries at all.

Look at it this way, there is no difference in you wearing this guys braces that has similar legs; than it is someone buying the cheaper version of CTI braces that are not custom fit ( they make an off the shelf brace).

just make sure that you grind the original dudes name off the inside of them...in the event that you were to fall asleep in the woods with them on someone might mistake you for someone else:lol:

really...if they fit they fit i guess. Try searching out the closest fitter for CTI in your area. search under orthitics or sports medicine. someone there could probably help with some advice also. how much does the guy want for his braces?

After having now two knee rebuilds, I would feel a little weird about it without tlking to someone with more experience.

one last point...legs change with time. My asterisks actually feel and fit better than my CTI custom...it was fit seven years 6 years ago. I will be getting one fit for the first year or so of this current remodel job.