Sign in to follow this  

foot pegs

Want to get current opinion on oversized foot pegs for off-road. Do I need them? No. Do I want to spend some money on my bike? Yes. Just spent $3,000 on service and parts on the bike what is another $150-$250. In the past I have ridden track a few times with IMS large pegs. Difference!!! Any thoughts? Waste of money? They look cool. Will I go faster?

I LIKE my $80 IMS pro-series pegs.

my 2 cents

+1 on the IMS pegs...and yes they are worth it if you like wider pegs, which I do and they have serious teeth.

Any one tried pivot pegs? I'm happy with stock ones but would like to know if I need to replace them.

Any one tried pivot pegs? I'm happy with stock ones but would like to know if I need to replace them.

I don't think a lot guys have heard of them. I have the over size IMS. A friend of mine has the pivots and likes them. He says you don't really notice them. He says they take some stress off his ankles. For they pivot a little when you lean back or forward and more of your boot is in contact with them. I'm also looking for some more input on them. I haven't rode with him for a while. But next time I'm going to see if I can ride his bike and check them out. I'm might try posting in General or Off road riding technique forum too.

AllOut1 had some powerpegz (similar to pivot pegs) and sheered one of the bolts off.. maybe this sort of thing is why powerpegz is no longer in business? or, perhaps there was some other factor-- but I love the idea of the pivot pegs- I know it freaks some people out to have the peg move like that but if you're used to riding bicycles (as I am) then the ability to pivot and still have 100% contact with the pedal/peg is a good thing.

AllOut1 had some powerpegz (similar to pivot pegs) and sheered one of the bolts off.. maybe this sort of thing is why powerpegz is no longer in business? or, perhaps there was some other factor-- but I love the idea of the pivot pegs- I know it freaks some people out to have the peg move like that but if you're used to riding bicycles (as I am) then the ability to pivot and still have 100% contact with the pedal/peg is a good thing.

Yeah, I have had them for quit some time and I love em. As Comer said I broke the left side off (looped out on a third gear wheelie). Have been experimenting with the left side stocker and the right PP. Most noticible thing is when your standing it alot easier to shift with the PP. You dont even feel that they pivot after awhile. Definetly easier on the feet/ankles and boots.