dirt and road road supermoto

Hello,

I have a 04 WR450 and want to use it for dirt (enduro and trail riding) but I also have some supermoto wheels for street use. I cant do any major changes so apart from sticking the wheels on my bike what should I do to make it a better supermoto. Considering the bike will change for dirt to moto a few times a year I dont want to spend too long on the conversion.

What is the easiest was to change the gearing from dirt to supermoto? Do i have to have two chains or is there something I can do so I wont have to swap it everytime? Huge front sprocket maybe?

Does anyone have any ideas or info please?

Cheers

Lennie.

theres are a few areas that will need to be tweaked for a proper SM.

the biggest obstacle for dual sport SUMO / TRAILBIKE is the suspensio needs re-worked and does not excell in the middle for both types of riding. I have nine post '04 bikes and my SUMO sees the most riding, maybe cause itz the newest but probably cause itz the most fun.

I have a 07 wr450 with sm and dirt both setups. when I change mine to dirt I change the

Rims

chain and sprockets

and the front brake

it takes like 40 minutes to do the swap

but I hardly ever put on the dirt setup.

As far as the suspension goes I had mine re valved for supermoto and I just deal with it in the dirt but it's not too bad.

Nobody knows of a good way to avoid having to swap chains, Is there any sprocket combo that will work with one chain for both setups? I run a 14/50 for dirt but I dont run a split link because they are crap!! It looks like I will have to so I can do the chain swap.

• 3 weeks later...

I would switch to a 46 tooth in the rear of each setup, dirt and street. Then just have a 13 tooth for the dirt on front and a 15 tooth or 16 tooth for street duty. On my last bike that I rode on the street quite a bit I just left 15/38 gearing on it and just dealt with it offroad. Really wasn't to bad with the torque I made.

• 1 month later...

Im looking to do the same. However, my dirt setup is the most iumportant and since i race it will get the most attention Im revalved for enduros/HS and will leave the suspension the same, just stiffen it for the street. All i plahn on doing is gettin a 42 or 46tooth rear sprockt and a set of SM wheels.I plan on getting turn signals and a brake light and thats it. When I got ot dirt i will just switch the wheels (sprockets will remain on them) and take off the signals and im ready...30 minutes max, thats the plan.