Single track - Deadwood SD Area??

Will be camping in the Deadwood area for a family reunion and bringing the scoot, need info as to single track in the area. Campground may have some info and I will be checking on that, they do indicate trails that can be accessed from the CC. If there is a site on line that has any information I would appreciate it. I have only driven by that area on the interstate so have no knowledge of the terrain, we are interested in somewhat challenging trails. Would like to avoid trails that are shared with ATVs, if possible.

Any and all info will be appreciated.

Thanks Nick, I had found that already. Probably best to head to Rapid City and get a FS travel map. Still interested in any other replies - personal favorites, etc. We will be staying at FishNFry campground just outside of Deadwood.

If you are camping at fish and fry you will be able to find some stuff,

The Black hills is open to all offroad travel and we do not have any trails that you will find that are for "bike only" so you may run into a atv,uhv

I'm actually looking to do the same this summer...my wife has family in Rapid and I've gone there for years, brought a mtn bike out a couple times and rode parts of the Century Trail, I think it was called.

Can anyone suggest any good trailheads to ride out of, anywhere in the hills?

on a mtn bike their is some trail heads I can suggest.

But for a dirt bike their is no go here and start here. or a trailhead

nothing like that has been esablished in the hills.

just find a forest road and start riding and see were it takes you

Are you saying that there is no single track designated for a dirt bike and that only roads are available?

Hmm, very interesting. I did see couple dudes on dirt bikes when I was on my mtn bike, but maybe they were not where they were supposed to be...? I definitely understand that the BH are much less regulated than we are used to here in MN.

I have popped down a forest/fire road or two in my VW (!) and did see things get pretty rugged in a hurry.

Hopefully someone has some "spots" out there they wouldn't mind sharing. You know, by pm or something???:p

i have been up riding in that area and it was a ball. lots on interesting trails, very senic too wich is a +, you can ride forever without riding on the same trail, i will be up there again this summer

Guy's I know ride out of Nemo.