Getting white gas tank whiter

Hey all!

I was about to put the new graphics on but in comparing the whites, the tank itself has really gone a little yellow.

Anyway to rejuvenate the white in the old '97 tank?

Thanks

Mike

i was going to ask the exact same question for my 97 xr250, graphics a are peeling off bad.

i think theres some sort of bleeching chemical you can use??

Hey all!

I was about to put the new graphics on but in comparing the whites, the tank itself has really gone a little yellow.

I've heard that filling the tank with bleach-water will whiten it (from the inside out), but I've never tried it myself.

JayC

No. You have two options. Buy a new tank here and get more fuel capacity or order a killer tank cover here. I am going with a cover for 1/4 the price of a new tank.

Use Aim tooth paste. Wet the tank and scrub it in to a foam with a plastic brush that will not scratch the tank. Keep repeating until you see improvement. Compare one completed side to the other and notice the difference. It will make a big improvement. It will take work.

Bend,

Full Strength Simple green, a brush and elbow grease works for me, but my tank was never that bad. I'll never buy a white tank again.

Other tricks that I HAVEN'T Tried but heard good results on TT: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and Comet. I don't know about the comet...

thanks

Try Soft Scrub with Bleach. This product is slightly abrasive. Dull white is better than shiny yellow though.

No. You have two options. Buy a new tank here and get more fuel capacity or order a killer tank cover here. I am going with a cover for 1/4 the price of a new tank.

Those gas tank covers are sweet.. too bad they only make them for the older model XR's the 1986-1995 models :p

i've looked st the tank cover but it seems to me they don't always lay flat on the tank, they can wrinkle a bit, i kinof like the idea of decals more. i like panaman's decals. i thought i might get a red clarke oversized tank but i'm think of keeping my XR white now.

http://www.boliviaxport.com/ I went on ebay and bought a xr400 tank cover and seat cover from these guys 64 dollars shipped,, and they look great,