Sign in to follow this  

Help identifying Triple Clamp...

I need your help identifying this lower triple clamp...

IMG_1973.jpg

The previous owner told me it was from a 1996 CR250. I have no reason to doubt that, and wonder what other years. Possibly '96 to '00?

The front fender and number plate mount look unique from the later clamps I'm used to.

-Tom

96 is the last year of the 46mm forks on the cr250. So it would be more like 93-96, then work on the 125s most likely up to 07 since they used the 46mm units.

Oh, the bottom has "192-59" and "24" cast into it.

Later clamps just have the spacing (192) and offset (24). I've not seen one with the bore size before.

-Tom

96 is the last year of the 46mm forks on the cr250. So it would be more like 93-96, then work on the 125s most likely up to 07 since they used the 46mm units.

Now you're talkin'!

I'm using the clamps to mount modern (or at least somewhat modern) USD front forks on my CRF230. The 2002 CRF450 bottom clamp I am using fits but the fender and number plate mounting shown here would work better with the 230 front fender and number plate. Information will be used to suggest proper clamps to other members for a similar swap!

Did the upper clamps that would match this bottom one have integrated bar mounts or rubber mounts?

-Tom

Ok the 97-08 CR250 and CRF450s and CRF250s use a 47mm fork. Wont work with a 46mm clamp set.

Figure out the forks you are going to use and then get the correct clamps for those forks.