'99 TTR-250 Battery Issues...

Hey I'm relatively new to the mechanics and such of motorcycles, and I'm having some issues with my bike, it wont start. Now I think what happened is I was messing around with the fuel screw on my bike one day (this is when it would start...) and I cranked it way out in a futile attempt to get the bike to fire up instantly with no throttle work. I later came to the realization this was a horrible and stupid mistake, feel free to flame me. I'm still learning. Ha.?

So anyways, since my bike was still warm at the time of my idiotic tests it was firing up no problem, however I let it sit for a good 5 days after that with the fuel screw still cranked out, so I go to start my bike and hit the starter and I couldn't get it to start, I tried again and again, maybe about 20-30 times, and it just wouldn't fire up. Then the started began to sound weaker and weaker, I think the battery was dieing real bad. So I pushed my bike home to my house around the block. This was real lame. During that entire torture sesion I failed to remember my previous f**king about with the fuel screw on the carb. I have since turned it back to a presumed normal setting (I read it's supposed to between 1 1/2 to 2 turns out)

So I've got an assumed dead battery. I left the bike sitting for most of winter and just started trying to get er going the other day, my buddy brought over a battery jumping thing and we took my battery out and put the jumpers to the - and + contacts for the bike, and I tried the started, it sounded like it was trying to start good. Good news, not, after I tried it twice, and then pulled the choke out etc, the third time I did tried to start there was a short buzz noise (which we think was the battery shorting cause the clamp may have touched the frame), and then only a clicking noise after that. Click. Click. If I held the started long enough it wud click sometimes twice. Then I put my battery on charge for like 4 hours and it was still only at 2 amps when i tried again and still just that dam clicking noise. Is it possible that buzz was my electrical system frying or just shorting the big charger thing (motomaster portable). Could anyone please share any insight they may have with me :worthy: Thanks