Sign in to follow this  

race gas????

what brand of race gas do you guy's run? if any-one here uses it my local dealer has torco race fuel oxegenated 108 or 118 octane? they have it in 5 gallon cans and said you can mix 50/50 with 93 octane?? what do you think??

Oxygenated fuel is a waste if you dilute it. 108 octane is too much for a stock 4 stroke. If your bike is stock, 93 pump gas is just fine.

Yup, if your bike is stock, pump 93 is all you need.

has anyone run leaded gas through a injected bike? some people i have talked to have said it has clogged there injectors in cars?

what about octane boost does anyone run that with premium?

No need to, you will just contaminate perfectly good fuel with junk. Higher octane doesn't give you any performance advantage on a stock motor, and can actually hurt performance in many stock motors. You need to understand what octane is. An engine runs its best on the lowest octane you can get away with without detonation.

No race gas needed in a stock 4 stroke.I ran race gas back in my 2smoke days not so much for performance but it ran cleaner and kept the power valves clean.

If your bike is mod then try VP4

I swore never to run race fuel. But decide to try it one time and have never went back. Run 50/50 93oct and Chevron or Sunoco 112. Bike runs way cooler and hardly ever stalls which is a biggie for me racing cross country. There is also a slight difference in throttle response.

For trail riding only, I wouldn't waste the money. Just make sure you get your fuel from a place that gets frequent fuel deliveries.

I swore never to run race fuel. But decide to try it one time and have never went back. Run 50/50 93oct and Chevron or Sunoco 112. Bike runs way cooler and hardly ever stalls which is a biggie for me racing cross country. There is also a slight difference in throttle response.

For trail riding only, I wouldn't waste the money. Just make sure you get your fuel from a place that gets frequent fuel deliveries.

word!!!

stuff just runs so much cooler on race gas... i run it in my crf and ltr

OK here is one for you all.Race gas in fuel injection??????

OK here is one for you all.Race gas in fuel injection??????

I am a 300 Pound rider, I ride my LTR in the sand dunes where it is 95 degrees plus. I run VP 110 Leaded race gas, bought in bulk from Jardine petroleum donw the street from me. I just take in my 5 gallon container. The gas and exhaust from the quad smell awesome and my header won't glow orange at night with race gas. My leg thermoter from the header pipe definantly loves the VP 100,

as far as the injector goes, only heard rumors of it clogging your injector. I have over 800 posts on LTR450hq.com and I have never come a cross a thread that was a injector problem caused by race gas.

run it, love it, smell it, as for me and my group of riders we love using race gas in our stock engine bikes.

PS my quad is a fuel injected suzuki putting 50 HP to the wheels on the dyno @ 4000 FT elevation.