no 3rd gear

I've got 1st & 2nd gear but no 3rd, just goes into neutral sort of with a clicking noise as if not fully engaging, so my question is, what is it,and, how to rectify this problem as i'm new to all these repairs...........please more help the better with pictures would be even better:banghead: :lol:

i have been hearing that the 2009's have been doing this same thing.

could it be a bent shift for or maybe 3rd gear internals are messed up?

I've got 1st & 2nd gear but no 3rd, just goes into neutral sort of with a clicking noise as if not fully engaging, so my question is, what is it,and, how to rectify this problem as i'm new to all these repairs...........please more help the better with pictures would be even better:banghead: :lol:

At the very least, you'll need to buy a service manual. It's a repair that'll involve splitting your cases. Sounds like you aced the gear dogs, which will neccesitate you replacing 3rd gear(s).

i have been hearing that the 2009's have been doing this same thing.

Post up the proof.

I had 3rd gear go bad on mine. It would shift OK but the bronze bushing under 3rd gear had shifted to one side causing binding and producing a ton of drag in the tranny. You are going to have to split the cases and see what is going on in your case. Sounds like a possible bent shift fork.

If you are new to these kinds of repairs, I would not recommend to try to fix this yourself... It´s really kinda hard... and requires special tools, experience and new parts and the know-how to get it all back together again...

Maybe if you have a friend that has done it before , you can look over his shoulder and ask questions as you go. What year is the bike by the way?