Horrible Customer Service

i just got a new twin air filter for my crf450r....bought it at the HONDA dealership like 15 miles from here just because i dont have time to wait for the shipping (i always always buy online).............i forgot to buy the FOAM AIR FILTER OIl............so i had to go to this local dealership just down the street from me they sell those VICTORY motorcycles but they have a bunch of dirtbikes out there too.........NAPALM MOTORSPORTS is the place and i just ran over there to grab some foam filter oil went in and found a can of belray filter oil i went to pay for it the fat bastard at the register asked is this your firtst time shopping here i said yup he rang it up and said 11.50 i looked at the can and there was a tag on it that said 7.50 i said "it says 7.50 on the can" he got all nervous and said "o well thats what came up on the register " he then quickly gave me my change out of a 20 then i was like whatever i just wanna get my stuff and be out so i left...........then i get out to my vehicle and the can says for use with fiber filters.....not foam so i go back in ad the tell the dude and he says you can use this too i said no you cant and he then went back to the mechanics and i guess they siad it the same thing i was like what so then i just left cuz i was ticked off........

i get in my vehicle and go home once i get home i open the can and theres no nozzle even on the dusty old can that was probably on there shelves since the 90's then i read it again and it says not for use on foam filters.......so i call the place and ask for the manager and he says let me go figur this out let me call you back........then he calls me back and says there is a problem with there inventory right now and agrees with the dummys and says you can use it on foam filters........

am i the idiot or are they

just got back from the honda dealership and i got the foam filter oil the second one you had on there....... but i bought the first one the fiber filter oil from that dump wasnt frmiliar with belray which was all they had but they didnt have the quarts and the can didnt even look like that it was the older style belray cans all dusty and stuff with no nozzle even on it

And don't you feel guilty about not supporting local business sometimes? And then something like this happens...

I used to buy from the same local shop. Great place, but the guy was getting older. He lost his enthusiasm. 2 times I ordered a part that I absolutely needed on Friday to fix the bike for the weekend. I walked in, he looked at me, realized he forgot about it, and went "OH F***!!!!!".

I now order online, and the stuff gets delivered to my work. No more driving to the shop, etc. etc.

we bought some 2t premix oil at our local dealer and the price on the bottle was around $6 (i cant remember) and when he rang it up i think it said $9 or$10 so the guy gave us the oil for the price on the bottle (i guess cause it was their mistake?). we buy a good bit of stuff from this dealer though.

- i think if u were not satisfied with what u purchased u should be able to return it (if you didnt use it) for store credit or exchange it.

something about those honda dealers.... they seem to be the worst :p

something about those honda dealers.... they seem to be the worst :p

I don't think the Honda dealer did anything wrong.. it was the Victory (maybe chopper) dealer....

And don't you feel guilty about not supporting local business sometimes? And then something like this happens...

I used to buy from the same local shop. Great place, but the guy was getting older. He lost his enthusiasm. 2 times I ordered a part that I absolutely needed on Friday to fix the bike for the weekend. I walked in, he looked at me, realized he forgot about it, and went "OH F***!!!!!".

I now order online, and the stuff gets delivered to my work. No more driving to the shop, etc. etc.

customer service should not the reason to shop online. IMO, there's more of a chance to get poor customer service when you never actually have to look at the person and deal face to face with an irate customer, let alone just working with a computer program.

The reasons to shop online are part availability and price. Most of the time, when I need a part, they have to order it anyway. Like I needed a battery for my DRZ, went to the local Suzuki dealer, they wanted $115 for it, plus it was out of stock. So I went on line, found an exact match OEM for $42 and it came to my door in 4 days (half the time of the dealer).

customer service should not the reason to shop online. IMO, there's more of a chance to get poor customer service when you never actually have to look at the person and deal face to face with an irate customer, let alone just working with a computer program.

The reasons to shop online are part availability and price. Most of the time, when I need a part, they have to order it anyway. Like I needed a battery for my DRZ, went to the local Suzuki dealer, they wanted $115 for it, plus it was out of stock. So I went on line, found an exact match OEM for $42 and it came to my door in 4 days (half the time of the dealer).

Your reason is the same as mine. But I've actually had much better customer service with online since I switched. Like when I ordered 8 quarts of oil and 5 showed up; called them up, and 3 were shipped out same day, no questions asked. I would prefer to shop local, and wouldn't mind paying a little more to do so. Like maybe $50 for your battery above; NOT $115!

So basically THEY have poor customer service because YOU didn't know what you were buying? I mean, it was written on the bottle, you can't blame someone else for your not knowing how to read...

am i the idiot or are they

Sounds like the two of you are having a contest.

Ever heard of punctuation?

Thats why I use ATF on foam filters........

Why did you pay the higher amount?

I buy from TT online and pick it up at their store here in Vegas...:ride:

I tried Ridenow before I knew about TT but we've deemed them as RideLater since they never have anything. I needed a spring for my footpeg b/c rocks break them...:p ... but RideLater was going to have to oredr it...that's ridiculous in my opinion.

I buy from TT online and pick it up at their store here in Vegas...:ride:

I tried Ridenow before I knew about TT but we've deemed them as RideLater since they never have anything. I needed a spring for my footpeg b/c rocks break them...:p ... but RideLater was going to have to oredr it...that's ridiculous in my opinion.

It's ridiculous in your opinion because you aren't footing the bill for inventory. I think as a business standpoint it is stupid to stock a bunch of parts. The manufacturers can usually ship to the dealer within a week. Also, dirt bikes change so often that what you stock becomes obsolete quickly.

It's ridiculous in your opinion because you aren't footing the bill for inventory. I think as a business standpoint it is stupid to stock a bunch of parts. The manufacturers can usually ship to the dealer within a week. Also, dirt bikes change so often that what you stock becomes obsolete quickly.

Fair enough, I can see your point. My point was that they never have anything so I chose not to do business with them. I've never had to wait more than a day or so to get things thru TT, the customer service is much better as well.....:p

dealers suck. i have 4 or 5 local dealers and they all have different prices on the same products, and its not a couple bucks different. its usually a big difference. so you gotta know that they just pick a price and dont worry about the customer. and i hate when they say they will call you in a week and two weeks roll around and you have to call them to find out what happened to your part. lame.

all i have to says is the customers always right and if i ran a business if i had something tagged a certian price i would give it to them at that price ............and yeah it was kinda my ualt to i posted this 20 minutes after walking out of the dealership so i was still =fuming a lttle bit i dont care anymore just never will go back there and they shouldnt be selling bike if they dont kmow crap about them

Unfortunately, that is the exact reason most people DO shop online. I've dealt with a few local dealers, and unless you get lucky and talk to someone who knows what they're doing, you wind up with poor customer service. A lot of dealers hire kids who don't know jack shiite about motorcycles (but know computers), so you have to go in with the EXACT part number (God forbid you go in without it, just the part itself, a digital picture, or a damned close description). I have to believe that the reason for this is that the kids will work for next to nothing.

There are exceptions to that rule, and I deal exclusively with one dealer in my area, when I don't order my parts and gear online. This dealer (Seitzco Motorsports in Okotoks, Alberta, if anyone's interested) has staff that know their stuff, has a decent parts inventory, doesn't rob you blind on labor, and can actually get parts they DON'T have in stock within a couple of days.

WOW! That sucks man. I order from TT or Wheeling Cycle Supply or Just go to the local Suzuki Dealer here in Hawaii. The 2 guys that work in the parts dep there rock. I get treated the same way if Im looking for a 2 dollar bolt or buying my wife 600 bucks worth of gear or have no damn clue what I need they always help me out. Sometimes if it is only a bolt or something they just give it to me. I also take my 3 kids in there and my son decidied to knock over the handle bar display and they didnt freak out they just laughed and helped me pick it up. Anyway sorry about your bad luck, hope it gets better.