FastWay clutch brkt.

I feel a little lame asking this question but here it goes. I am installing a Fastway Clutch bracket on my '05 CRF 450. It did not come with instructions as it seems pretty simple, however, if I install it at the same location as the stock one was, the bolt closest to the oil cap will stick out to far and I will not be able to put the oil plug/cap back on.

Has anyone put one of these on their bike? Oh ya, it did come with two new bolts but they are way to short. They are a round head aleen bolt and I belive that they would work if they where long enough.

Any help would be cool.

Here is the link so that you know what I am talking about.

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/32/products_id/242

Thanks.

Well if the allen bolts will work, then the stock 8mm head with the flange will work for you. Just remove the filler cap, install the bracket and bolts and you should be able to put the cap on/off at will.

Well if the allen bolts will work, then the stock 8mm head with the flange will work for you. Just remove the filler cap, install the bracket and bolts and you should be able to put the cap on/off at will.

The allen bolts are to short, and if I mount the bracket then attempt to reinstall the filler cap, it wont go on. I am not sure why they provided bolts that are to short. Since the allen head bolts have a lower profile head they would work if they where long enough.

have you tried asking the Fastway folks if you have the right parts for the job?

give them a buzz and see if they know anything.

I just installed one on a 05 450r. I did take off the stock eng filler plug to install the one bolt, but it goes back on just fine. My fastway bolts were a little longer than stock if I remember right. The stock bolts can be used as simple case bolts without the bracket. The fastway allen bolts were about 3mm longer and cannot be used without a bracket.

The reason I say without the fastway bracket is because I found another frayed clutch cable after the install. I was a little mad after all my cable maint and picked up a Magura. The magura does not use any of the stock mounting location. Never used that fastway setup..

I just installed one on a 05 450r. I did take off the stock eng filler plug to install the one bolt, but it goes back on just fine. My fastway bolts were a little longer than stock if I remember right. The stock bolts can be used as simple case bolts without the bracket. The fastway allen bolts were about 3mm longer and cannot be used without a bracket.

The reason I say without the fastway bracket is because I found another frayed clutch cable after the install. I was a little mad after all my cable maint and picked up a Magura. The magura does not use any of the stock mounting location. Never used that fastway setup..

It is intersting that you are putting on a Magura. I just took one off, I always had an issue with how the slave cylinder mounted, and after breaking two(at $100 a pop), I am going back to a cable clutch.

So the bolts that came with you bracket where longer then stock? Are they an allen head bolt? It sound like maybe Fastway packaged the wrong bolts. I will call them tomorrow.

have you tried asking the Fastway folks if you have the right parts for the job?

give them a buzz and see if they know anything.

Ya, that is my plan. I was just hoping that I could get the answer before Monday.:lol:

use the stock bolts on the fastway bracket. It will work.

use the stock bolts on the fastway bracket. It will work.

Do you have this set-up? I did install it and it doesn't work, am I doing something wrong?

my stock bolts did not feel like they had enough threads to secure the fastway properly. The allen bolts that came with my fastway bracket were 3mm longer than stock..

I only mounted my bracket and took it off when the frayed cable was found. Still keeping all the parts ready if the magura gives me problems. I wouldn't put up with anything less than perfection for the price of that magura kit. time will tell...

I can take pics if you really want them Tuesday..

All you guys have been really helpful, Thank you.

I talked to Fastway this morning, I guess they had a run of these things that got packaged with the wrong bolts. They are putting the right ones in the mail today.

Thanks again guys.:p

Vector, I hope that Magura works out for you. I really liked mine just couldn't keep paying the price for a new slave cylinder.