Sign in to follow this  

Camp/Ride/Fish/Ride/Shoot/Ride/Grill/Ride???

If you had 7 days to get the F out of LA/OC to go camping/riding/fishing/shooting...where would you go? The kids are on Spring break April 4th thru 12th and we want to go camping and bring the toys (WR426, Rhino 700, Grizzly 550, TTR 110, XR50). I would head to Kennedy Meadows or similar if it was June...but what about in April? We also love to fish & shoot/hunt. Prefer green and lush to desert and dry.

Any idea's sure would be appreciated!

Zimm

PS: We can travel anywhere within 500 miles of OC!

Yeah like I said we would be going to the sierras (Kennedy Meadows/Mammoth/etc) if it was later in the year.

Thanks!

Stonyford. PM me if you decide you want to come up. I know some decent fishing holes around that area, and Im always game for dropping a line in the water! :lol:

if you have never been, stony would be my choice. Get 5 miles away from davis flat and start living.

letts lake , east park res and stony gorge. Clear lake is close. Good fishing in all. You can shoot pretty much anywhere in the MNF, but don't try around davis flat. Middle creek and cow mtn ohv parks are even relatively close.

You can also do some hiking in the snow mtn wilderness if you wanted to do that.

Is there a Stonyford type place in Central Cali anywhere??? That sounds perfect but a serious hike from the OC. TIA, Zimm

Is there a Stonyford type place in Central Cali anywhere??? That sounds perfect but a serious hike from the OC. TIA, Zimm

Not sure... Good luck. I dont think there is a Stonyford type place anywhere but Stonyford. Its pretty much one of a kind.

go big or stay home.

PS: We can travel anywhere within 500 miles of OC!

LA to stonyford is 483.2 miles

It's more like 550 miles but...SOLD!!! Now then, where do we want to camp, ride, and fish? Can I get an RV in there? How big/long?

Thanks guys!

you can get a 40 foot motorhome towing a 32 foot toy hauler into davis flat.

See post above on fishing spots. You can do your research from there.

East park is low elevation, bass bluegill, catfish etc.

Letts lake is higher(approx 3000ft ???) trout etc.

Clear lake is primo for bass.

Check the forest service website for mendocino National forest. Grindstone ranger district.

If the lake is the main priority camp at east park and trailer your bikes 10 miles to davis flat, or ride in if you are plated. If riding is the priority, camp at davis flat and drive to lakes to fish.

Personally, i would think camp at east park, you can literally camp on the waters edge, davis flat is a bit dry and dusty.