Rekluse = Notchy shifting?

Just installed a Rekluse pro in my 07 TE510 and notice that shifting has become very "notchy." I really have to hit the lever hard to move up or down. Did I do something wrong in the Rekluse install?:lol:

Shifting seems to be much easier and more like normal at higher speeds.

I'm getting ready to buy 1 for my 07 TE450, let me know what's up

I've never had a Rekluse, but have experienced notchy shifting...usually when the oil is needing a change.

Just a thought,

Just installed a Rekluse pro in my 07 TE510 and notice that shifting has become very "notchy." I really have to hit the lever hard to move up or down. Did I do something wrong in the Rekluse install?:lol:

Shifting seems to be much easier and more like normal at higher speeds.

Yes! I think you've done something wrong. Not sure what, though. I installed mine about 3 weeks ago and it shifts like butter. No notchy feeling.

have you changed the oil and broke it in properly.you shouldn't have to hit the shifter.i noticed mine was a little notchy when brand new and during the break in....but now smooth as butta

My 06 TE450 shifts very nice, abused the krap outa her, still shifts nice.

Is the idle set too high??, might be keeping the clutch engaged all the time?

Make sure your install gap is good and you run the right springs / balls. is there any drag / bike trying to creep forward at idle in gear? If so try a slightly stronger wave spring or less ball weight. Oil and and the condition of oil is critical. I do not like the Rotella recommended as it is notchy. I like the Chevron equivalent Delo 1300, seems to shift nicer. I also really liked the Amsoil.

Thanks everyone. I threw in Mobile 1 after the install, so I am going to dump that and find some amsoil and then I am going to start over from scratch. I also decided to order new friction plates. We will see.

Ride, what weight of the Amsoil should I try?

How did you setup your rekluse? I have mine setup with the high /hard setup. Basically the stiffest springs and tungsten balls. The idle speed is important. I have to look and see what the numbers are. I know I originally had a 5 spring in and changed it to a 6. The setup has a total of about 1250 miles and I have purposely abused it at times (just before oil changes) just see if I could really hurt it and its amazing what kind of punishment it will take. I have been running a 16t counter so the clutch gets a work out since I do run allot of very tight buster banging single track. Its amazing since the bike has pretty good road manners when it comes to rpm with the 16t but yet the clutch makes it work even when it gets ugly.

I had installed my rekluse a week a go on my TE450 and I'm very happy with it, I can say that my performance in technical single track improved a 40%, last weekend I had an issue that I hear a metallic squeal (i don't know if it's the right therm sorry for my english) and I write to rekluse and they toldme that maybe it was a little slip, they recomend to use the 6 tungsten balls to ensure full engament in technical single track, the problem has been solve, my shifting is good but I need to play with the throtle.

I would like some opinions about how rekluse change the temperament of the bike, I think that the rekluse tame the bike a lot, it's more torkier but less snapier (agresive) than it use to be with the original clutch, what do you think about that?

Claudio Buffardi

Caracas, Venezuela

last weekend I had an issue that I hear a metallic squeal

It sounds bad but is nothing to worry about. In fact Rekluse makes an "anti-squeal" kit they developed for the KTM's if it bothers you. it is just a noise, not a problem.