Piru or zaca mx?

I live in santa barbara county just about in equal distance from both, i usually go to zaca station mx but was wondering if piru would be worth the change of pace?

zaca is more of a wide open old style mx course. piru is a little tighter, shorter, narrower....

with that said, there's a new guy running it for the owner. Vince rides (fast) and is making some changes. if it is about the same distance, its worth it to change it up once in awhile...

zaca is more of a wide open old style mx course. piru is a little tighter, shorter, narrower....

with that said, there's a new guy running it for the owner. Vince rides (fast) and is making some changes. if it is about the same distance, its worth it to change it up once in awhile...

Friends who ride there say Vince mingles with the riders and asks what he can do to improve the track. Can't beat that.:p

track is a whole lot more fun. a fun rhythm section in the back and just better overall. But I don't recommend going their on weekends. Super busy and lots of goon. I saw 3 super knarly crashes. Some guy ate crap on one of the step downs and my buddy landed on him. (my buddied screwed up him pipe, bent his bars and I think his upper triple clamp). But he did puncture a hole in the guys clutch side case cover. It gets real busy, but the track is way more fun then it used to be!! :p

i heard it was crazy busy today :p

i dont like crowds like that.

but the new layout is tight and technical. makes for great fun. :ride:

i heard it was crazy busy today :p

i dont like crowds like that.

but the new layout is tight and technical. makes for great fun. :ride:

I wasnt even half way through my first lap when I watched some guy go over the bars his bike cartwheel a few times. I though he broke something. I was right behind him too. It was knarly

i went to zaca today and had a great time, would like to try piru maybe this week or next. Sounds like the weekend could be sketchy lol. However, i wouldn't mind some variety

i went to zaca today and had a great time, would like to try piru maybe this week or next. Sounds like the weekend could be sketchy lol. However, i wouldn't mind some variety

Weekdays are great. I have gone on a monday afternoom and there was only 6 people there.

Weekdays are great. I have gone on a monday afternoom and there was only 6 people there.

I am still in high school so getting out there on weekdays is usually a stretch haha, but ive done it before.

I am still in high school so getting out there on weekdays is usually a stretch haha, but ive done it before.

same with me. Im a senior and I haul ass out there from school to make it to ride for a few hours.

same with me. Im a senior and I haul ass out there from school to make it to ride for a few hours.

what school do u go to?

what school do u go to?

oaks christian in westlake but I live in Camarillo

oaks christian in westlake but I live in Camarillo

So, your part of the Evil Empire.

Whats the evil empire? :p

isnt that a paintball company???

The Evil Empire,The Dark Side of High School Athletics.

Hahaha. My school is nuts when is comes to atheltics. They get crazy.

How has zaca been? I made the trip from nor cal about a month ago to ride there on a wednsday and it was ok. The prep was not the greatest but the layout of the track was awesome. I talked to a few workers there and they said the day to ride there is sunday. They prep the entire track. Is this true?

How has zaca been? I made the trip from nor cal about a month ago to ride there on a wednsday and it was ok. The prep was not the greatest but the layout of the track was awesome. I talked to a few workers there and they said the day to ride there is sunday. They prep the entire track. Is this true?

Yeh sunday is definately the day to go, somehow i get lucky and manage to weasel any crowds. the track was in great shape after some light rain last week. They have the road to Mammoth these next couple months, wouldnt want miss those! check it out at http://www.zacastationmx.com/:p

Exactly! One of those private schools that recruits all the best players and helicopters them in everyday:busted: Total BS! This is high school not the pros get real

Sorry about hijaking the thread but that subject just pisses me off