Kenda DOT K776F front tire 90/90-21 $65.95

Nissin Brake Pressure Switch $19.95

Baja Designs LED taillight & plate holder $59.95

MSR Folding Mirror $13.95

Mini Hi/Low & Kill Switch $27.95

total $245.70

tax $14.74

grand total $ 260.44

then ill get a kmart bike horn and bike computer for a temp solution and later on ill purchase a trail tech vapor. what are your thoughts on this part list. it is cheaper than all the kits ive found and it includes tires! i plan on wiring it myself too. so id like to know what else you guys recommend. 70% aggressive trails 30% easy street no more than a 1000 miles.

cheers,

Oliver

Does your bike already have a regulator/rectifier? If not that's 39.99 or so. Having just completely rewired my xr600's baja designs dual sport kit I can tell you it's not to terribly hard. Took me a couple nights of working maybe 1 or 2 hours a night. But I don't have a garage and my papers and schismatics were being blown like crazy by the wind so you should probably be quicker. Also a 12v horn at autozone is only about $10 or so and louder than the ones you get on the net.

so here is a list of parts ive came up with from the TT store

I ride a 05 WR250f in Michigan so i dont need turn signals

Kenda DOT K760 rear tire 100/100-18 $57.95

total $245.70

tax $14.74

grand total $ 260.44

then ill get a kmart bike horn and bike computer for a temp solution and later on ill purchase a trail tech vapor. what are your thoughts on this part list. it is cheaper than all the kits ive found and it includes tires! i plan on wiring it myself too. so id like to know what else you guys recommend. 70% aggressive trails 30% easy street no more than a 1000 miles.

cheers,

Oliver

You can also get a cheap $10 12volt horn from Procycle. Just mount it behind the headlight, run a ground to one side,and run a hot wire through the kill switch on that mini light switch, and keep using the original kill switch as your kill switch.

Then when you push the "kill switch" button at the bottom of the light switch, your horn will beep.:lol:

You can also get a cheap $10 12volt horn from Procycle. Just mount it behind the headlight, run a ground to one side,and run a hot wire through the kill switch on that mini light switch, and keep using the original kill switch as your kill switch.

Then when you push the "kill switch" button at the bottom of the light switch, your horn will beep.:lol:

Good idea! I never thought of that.

so here is a list of parts ive came up with from the TT store

I ride a 05 WR250f in Michigan so i dont need turn signals

Kenda DOT K760 rear tire 100/100-18 $57.95

total $245.70

tax $14.74

grand total $ 260.44

cheers,

Oliver

I had Sicass Racing in Clarkston, MI put a kit they make on my TTR230. The kit is $320 and has all you need for Michigan. I had them install mine but it would take about 2 hours to do yourself. I am very happy with the quality. Going to buy the kit for my son's bike next. They also have a spedometer that is better and cheaper than a Vapor. Very good guys;real motorcyclists. When I went to plate it the police did not even ask about DOT tires. Because you have the headlight yours should be cheaper.

The Trail Tech Vapor is very unreliable. You might consider a GPS for about the same price. A gps has an odometer, spedometer and a host of other benefits.

If you need a regulator/rectifier Ricky stator has them for (don't quote me on it) but I think they are $12-14

I use the stock head/tail lights and Enduro meter on my 1985 XR350R. I bought 4 LED sigs from Cycle Gear for $50, a switch assembly from Ebay for $45, and built my own 12.5v NiMH battery pack. The sigs and brakelight are wired into my battery, the rest is off the stator. I'm into it for less than $120, and the P/O already installed DOT tires.