YZ125 Rebuild

Hey, I am a little bored and decided to put up my 2003 yamaha yz125 rebuild process so far. I will be uploading pics and info as I go.

2003YamahaYZ1251.jpg

2003YamahaYZ125.jpg

2003YamahaYZ1253.jpg

2003YamahaYZ1254.jpg

2003YamahaYZ1255.jpg

2003YamahaYZ1256.jpg

2003YamahaYZ1252.jpg

No offense but I would have cleaned up my work area and the bike a little better before I started tearing into things.

I have just done the same with my 02 yz125 as the big end has gone so engine had to come out! :worthy: might of been a good idea to of washed the bike before tearing it apart makes life a lot easier! And keep your work area clean and tidy, and dude what happened to your frame? Must have come off nasty to gash the frame open like that. Good luck with the rebuild :lol:

No offense but I would have cleaned up my work area and the bike a little better before I started tearing into things.

Yeah I know, but I have moved the stuff now and cleaned most of it up. It's just so hard when you have a full garage of cars and bikes in the winter.

I have just done the same with my 02 yz125 as the big end has gone so engine had to come out! :worthy: might of been a good idea to of washed the bike before tearing it apart makes life a lot easier! And keep your work area clean and tidy, and dude what happened to your frame? Must have come off nasty to gash the frame open like that. Good luck with the rebuild :lol:

Yeah, it's kinda' hard to clean the bike off outside when it's -500 degrees out. But I took some stuff in and cleaned it. I bought the bike that way. The guy who I bought it from was on a track and tipped over at the end of a jump and his buddy landed on top of the bike crushing the frames. Thanks

These first couple are pics of the frame before painting. I know they aren't the greatest because I had to take pics to know where the rubber mounts go.

2003YamahaYZ1259.jpg

2003YamahaYZ1257.jpg

These are pics of the bike after painting and in the process of assembly.

2003YamahaYZ12511.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12510.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12514.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12513.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12516.jpg

looks nice but it looks to me like you need a new front tire

make sure to clean up the rear linkage and grease all the bearings. Frame looks alot better but will not last long. Alot of Dirt on the inside of your carb. Make sure to check for a hole in your filter, airbox, or intake boot some where.

Looking forward to your after pic's!

Just me but I would wash all the parts before you put them back on, since you have everything taken apart. But is looking good so far. Have fun working on it.

looks nice but it looks to me like you need a new front tire

Well the pics make it look bad because of all the dirt stuck on it. It actually has decent tred.

make sure to clean up the rear linkage and grease all the bearings. Frame looks alot better but will not last long. Alot of Dirt on the inside of your carb. Make sure to check for a hole in your filter, airbox, or intake boot some where.

Looking forward to your after pic's!

Yup, I already cleaned and greased most everything before I put the stuff back together. Yeah, I took the carb off and my dad is going to bring it into his shop and clean it up good tomorrow. A hole for what? I should have some updated pics up tomorrow morn.

Just me but I would wash all the parts before you put them back on, since you have everything taken apart. But is looking good so far. Have fun working on it.

Thanks, yeah I'm going to give it another good scrub tomorrow. Especially the engine because there is sooo much carbon and oil residue.

Here are the latest pics. Now before everyone starts whining, I do know that the engine is extremely filthy (the pics hardly show anything though). I would have cleaned it up a lot, but it's below zero outside. I am going to do my best to scrub it up today though.

2003YamahaYZ12517.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12518.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12519.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12520.jpg

looking good!!!

Thanks. I'll try getting the ignition and radiators on by tonight. Hopefully I'll have it finished tomorrow.

I just had to check over all the nuts and bolts before I finish it up. I'm planning on having it done by the end of the day.

Ahh, here it is finally. I still have to put in a few more screws, but I just had to take some pics. I might take some more better ones later.

2003YamahaYZ12521.jpg

Three125s1.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12522.jpg

Ahh, here it is finally. I still have to put in a few more screws, but I just had to take some pics. I might take some more better ones later.

2003YamahaYZ12521.jpg

Three125s1.jpg

2003YamahaYZ12522.jpg

Bike looks great man, good job! I love them Alpine star decals but I have sg 10 boots now so I didn't get them hehehehe. How green backgrounds??

Bike looks great man, good job! I love them Alpine star decals but I have sg 10 boots now so I didn't get them hehehehe. How green backgrounds??

Thanks! Yeah luckily I have Alpinestar boots. I got those backgrounds with the bike, I think they're sweet!

Thanks! Yeah luckily I have Alpinestar boots. I got those backgrounds with the bike, I think they're sweet!

ya they look great! I was wondering what class they are??

I got my race # the other day finally so I will have to get them on. They are white backgrounds with red #'s