Sign in to follow this  

Had a problem with 05 crf250r

if you have had valve problems with your 05 crf 250r say ye or nay and i dnt mean after like 100 hours with no check thats unreasonable i mean it caught u of guard like 15 hours after a valve check

if you have had valve problems with your 05 crf 250r say ye or nay and i dnt mean after like 100 hours with no check thats unreasonable i mean it caught u of guard like 15 hours after a valve check

Who installed the valves? Because they may have been put in wrong. Also, did you putt around on the bike a lot? That causes the valves to burn up a lot faster.

i dnt hav one im thinking about buying one but i hear they have valve probs but i think the valves are just sensitive and if they are givin proper maintenance they will cause no prob

I have a 2004 Crf250r and take care of it very well, Clean air filter alot, change oil and so one, I started having valve problems at like 195 hours. They were checked multiple times but never needed to be shimmed till 195 hours and it was exhaust at .004 and I shimmed to .007, A kid that lives nearby has a 2005 Crf250r and has never had valve problems, but he doesn't ride hard at all and he has to have at least 250 hours on his bike. But the seats got cut 2 days before he got it..

thanks 4 the input guys appreciate it... ill try an make a move on this crf so i can join all of u... where do u guys live i live in jamaica

Had mine since new and had no problem. I've checked every 10 hours or so and they have always been good.:p

It really depends on how hard you actually ride the bike. Do you race? Valve wear from my exp. has alot to do with your riding style. If you stick to trail riding and mainly free flowing around an amatuer track every now and then, then you shouldn't have a problem. Atleast not for a while. 250hrs --> I've got an 06 and I ride on the pipe 90% of the time. I've put around 170hrs of abuse and just now had to revalve. I pull maint. on my bike religiously. Reduce temp as much as possible (I replaced my coolant with Engine Ice and will be buying a Boyesen high flow water pump to reduce temp). Also keep airfilter as clean as possible and maybe stay with the finer stock filter to reduce chances of any dust getting by and into the engine. All and all I'm extremely happy with my Honda and haven't had ANY problems what so ever since I bought it brand new until these valves, other than the normal wear and tear that every bike will have. Brakes, tires, chain and sprocket etc. Hope this helps. Btw, 3RD GEAR PULLS HARD ON HONDAS!!!