09 crf450 rear shock spring install? Help...

Hey guys, I got my Enzo revalved and resprung suspension back today. They had to overnight the shock spring seperate and I cannot figure out(because I have never done it and its not in the manual) how to get the new spring on to the shock. I dont have the means of compressing the spring enough to get the spring seats on the shock. There has to be a better or easier way to do this because when I talked to Enzo, they said that it was super easy. Why I didnt ask them then how to do it is beyond me. Thanks guys.

Loosen up the adjustment rings as far as you can until the spring is loose. At the bottom of the spring is a collar it sits on...that collar is two pieces, inner and outer. With the shock upside down and the spring resting on the adjustment rings, tap the outer part of the collar down off of the inner part. When it is off you will see a ring on the inner collar that holds the outer part on. Remove the ring, and the outer collar will slide off, letting you remove the spring. Reverse the above to mount the new spring.

Thanks, I finally figured it out and felt like a dumbass. Now I am having trouble with the front axle. I cant get it to line up. I have never had this problem with a bike before. I guess I might have had a bad day or something.

for the front axle i usually just tighten one pinch bolt so i can get the axle nut tight then loosen the pinch bolt back up and with all pinch bolts loose take it off the stand and grab the front brake and just push up and down on the forks about 3-5 times. works like a charm and sometimes i even here it pop in place. i have the 09 and works for me

for the front axle i usually just tighten one pinch bolt so i can get the axle nut tight then loosen the pinch bolt back up and with all pinch bolts loose take it off the stand and grab the front brake and just push up and down on the forks about 3-5 times. works like a charm and sometimes i even here it pop in place. i have the 09 and works for me

Great idea, I will try that today. I may have had a few too many beers last night and that may have contributed to my dumbassness yesterday working on my bike.

I always put my bike on a stand so wheels are off the floor, then spin frontwheel and pull in frontbrake hard (with right side clamp bolts loosen of course). This way forks can align theselves better than when there is pressure on it from standing on the floor.

I always check alignment by pressing the right forkleg a bit to the out or inside and pull frontbrake again to see if it comes back in position.

Forgot to mention: tighten axle nut an left bolts first!