ttr 125 running rough

I need some help! 02 ttr 125 , just had the head bored 1 over and cut the top of the air box open,added bbr air filter. I also removed the end tail pipe and screen from the muffler. have been trying to rejet the stock carb. this bike was not running before this work. the jets i have been working with are 17.5, 20 idle and 105, 110, and 112.5 main. at idle to 1/4 turn the bike runs great high rpm's smooth. but at mid range it quits, and top it busts out? any ideas? I cleaned the carb but didnt soak it in any thing. it also smokes alot while running

I have an xr70 that quit the more I held the throttle open, but that was caused by a air filter that was full of leaves, dirt, anything else on the ground/air. But if you just put a new filter in that wouldn't be the problem. Maybe the engine was put together incorrectly. Who intsalled the engine after it was bored?

the rebuild shop bored and did the valve job, I put the engine back together. and set the timming, runs great at idle to 1/4 throtle, also adjusted needle twice.

Hmm, it'd be a lot better if I could see it in person. Maybe you should put up a vid of it. You personally put the engine back together? There's a chance you messed the timing or something else up.

im no expert either but ive heard that if it sounds wet that it may be gettin to much gas causing it to bust out like that. it also may not be getting enough air flow to the filter,but i dont know if this is true or not.