Daytona SX tickets???

Supercross

Hey guys, I'm headin to Orlando next week for Spring Break to visit a friend. They only live an hour from Daytona, so I was kinda thinking of headin to the Daytona SX while I'm there.

Couple questions:

1. Do they sell tickets for this race at the gate or do they have to be purchased in advance. Reason being is I'm not totally sure that we ar going to go, so I don't want to waste money in buying them if we're not going to use them.

2. If we go, where are the best seats(tickets) to get, so that we can see everything good.

3. If we go, what time should we look to get there. I believe that racing starts at like 7 or 8, so would getting there at about 5 o 7 work????

I have never been to a supercross before so I have no clue how things move along.

The night show starts at 8 but there will be practice, etc. all day after about noon.

I'm not really sure if you can buy tickets at the gate but I can assure you they will be all the way at the end of the grandstand if you do get them and they will suck. Your best bet will be to pay the extra $15 and stand down on the track if you can't get good seats. Good seats will be anything labeled as a "tower seat" (eg. Whetherly Tower).

You can get tickets at the gate. General admission is $30 in advance. I'm not sure if there is a price increase on the day of the race but it will NOT sell out. If you want to get track side its an extra $15. Track side is good for practice but it's too close and too crowded to see the race well. Its better to get up in the stands for the race. We were on the upper deck last year during the monsoon and you could see everything, just bring some binoculars.

Here is the schedule:

Saturday March 7

11:15am - 11:45am Rider Track Walk

11:45am Mandatory Riders Meeting

12:05pm - 12:20pm Chapel Service

12:30pm - 12:50pm Supercross Lites Group B Timed Qualifying (5 min free)

12:55pm - 1:15pm Supercross Lites Group C Timed Qualifying (5 min free)

1:20pm - 1:40pm Supercross Lites Group A Timed Qualifying (5 min free)

1:45pm - 2:05pm Supercross Group A Timed Qualifying (5 min free)

2:10pm - 2:30pm Supercross Group B Timed Qualifying (5 min free)

2:35pm - 2:55pm Supercross Group C Timed Qualifying (5 min free)

2:55pm - 3:20pm Track Maintenance

3:20pm - 3:35pm Supercross Lites Group C Timed Qualifying

3:40pm - 3:55pm Supercross Lites Group B Timed Qualifying

4:00pm - 4:15pm Supercross Lites Group A Timed Qualifying

4:20pm - 4:35pm Supercross Group A Timed Qualifying

4:40pm - 4:55pm Supercross Group C Timed Qualifying

5:00pm - 5:15pm Supercross Group B Timed Qualifying

5:15pm - 6:45pm Track Maintenance

6:45pm - 7:15pm Opening Ceremonies

7:15pm - 7:25pm Supercross Lites Heat #1 - 6 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Main Event, 10-20 to LCQ)

7:25pm - 7:35pm Supercross Lites Heat #2 - 6 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Main Event, 10-20 to LCQ)

7:35pm - 7:50pm Supercross Heat #1 - 8 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Main Event, 10-20 to LCQ)

7:50pm - 8:05pm Supercross Heat #2 - 8 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Main Event, 10-20 to LCQ)

8:05pm - 8:10pm Supercross Lites Last Chance Qualifier - 4 Laps, 22 Riders (1-2 to Main Event)

8:10pm - 8:20pm Supercross Last Chance Qualifier - 6 Laps, 22 Riders (1-2 to Main Event)

8:20pm - 8:35pm Intermission / Track Maintenance

8:35pm - 8:40pm Supercross Lites Parade Lap

8:40pm - 9:05pm Supercross Lites Main Event - 15 Laps, 20 Riders

9:05pm - 9:15pm Supercross Lites Victory Circle

9:15pm - 9:20pm Supercross Parade Lap

9:20pm - 9:50pm Supercross Main Event - 20 Laps, 20 Riders

9:50pm Supercross Victory Circle

where can you buy them online... i looked all over and could only find tickets that were like 100 and over..i live in Brandon( about an hour away) and would love to go to it....

Does anyone know if Daytona is going to be on TV this year? Sucks that it never is for people like me who will most likely never make to to a supercross event.

Does anyone know if Daytona is going to be on TV this year? Sucks that it never is for people like me who will most likely never make to to a supercross event.

Last years was on Speed. Heck, you can watch the whole thing on youtube. :p

It's Live on Speed starting at 8pm EST but i doubt you can get that down there in the Better Version of New Zealand. :p