Sign in to follow this  

What DS tank bags and tool rolls are you using?

So I have a new 09 DRZ400s, I'm not completely sold on tank bags yet. I have been surfing the Wolfman site and have almost hit the add to cart button several times on the Enduro bag, the front number plate bag and the enduro panniers but I just know if having any of it hanging on the bike will hamper my riding positions. I tempted to just use my nifty over-sized hydration backpack and stuff it with gear instead. What is everyone using for luggage on their skinny DS bikes? Can you recommend a good tool roll also.....

Heli

I haven't tried their # plate bag but hate others i have tried riding with. Only bad on rough ground at speed though. Whoops makes them feel heavy on the bars. Saddle bags hang on trees on tight trails but are great in open ground. I tried tools in a back pack and hated it. Mine are on the rear fender with a spare tube. Ogio flight vest looks great but it gets too hot here and i believe it would block too much air. Tool belt is fair but does get heavy and will pulls on my pants.

I wear an Ogio Flight Vest. It holds lots of crap. If you need more storage than that, you could always strap a small backpack on the back end of the seat/rear fender.

Or (and I've been waiting a while to use this one :lol::banghead: ) you could add some luggage like this.

DR350-Trash.jpg

Not as cool as Wolfman stuff....but rubbermaid is hard to beat too.:worthy:

I wear an Ogio Flight Vest. It holds lots of crap. If you need more storage than that, you could always strap a small backpack on the back end of the seat/rear fender.

Or (and I've been waiting a while to use this one :lol::banghead: ) you could add some luggage like this.

DR350-Trash.jpg

Not as cool as Wolfman stuff....but rubbermaid is hard to beat too.:worthy:

LOL, rubbermaid is way 2 domestic:p , might want to check these out.

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

I have a wolfman enduro tank bag for my CRF450X. I used it for one AMA 150 mile dual sport ride and haven't used it since. The quality of the bag, features, attachment, capacity, convenience of having stuff readily accessible, etc. are first rate but I don't like how it inhibits my ability to slide up on the tank to weight the front tire on turns or to get really forward during steep hill climbs.

If I do a multi-day dual sport ride that involves mostly roads (not single track), I may use the tank bag again, otherwise I am going to stick to a large fanny pack.

Thanks for the input folks. I guess I'll keep using my backpack, and when the day comes that I need to strap on more than tools, spares, water and hoho snack foods, I'll order up some rubber maid from WalMart. Until then I'll keep looking... The Giant Loop stuff looks nice but DAMN, everything luggage is so frigging expensive... I wonder if Obama could include a stimulus package for the luggage makers so they could lower there prices a bit too.....

Heli

I like the dirbike gear guy in colorado for his tool rolls and cheap number plate bag, but I've honestly never put actually anything in my number plate bag, maybe if I did a multiday I would use it

wolfman makes the kill rear fender tool bag. it velcro detactes from the base mounting plate and has a handle and compression straps for tieing down other stuff, this bag is really well thought out.

wolfman also makes the best front fender spare tube bag, its only a wisker longer than the other brands but that little bit makes a huge diff when you're trying to stuff your tire spoons in there, I'm able to keep a tube, 4 levers, and the tire buddy tool in there and there is still a little room, the rubberized bottom keeps it in place

I use a Wolfman tank bag along with a Dirtbike gear rear tool bag. For a tool roll try Dirt bike gear, here is a pic. Blue ridge also makes really good tools and bags.

tools001.jpg

I use a Wolfman tank bag along with a Dirtbike gear rear tool bag. For a tool roll try Dirt bike gear, here is a pic. Blue ridge also makes really good tools and bags.

tools001.jpg

MJF, nice bag, what brand is the T-handle set and where did you get it??? OOPS!!!! FOUND IT.... THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!

Heli