Washing that mudddyyy gear

I'm kind of lost as what to do when it comes to washing my jersey/pants after a muddy race. I raced a harescramble a couple of months ago and it was a complete mud pit, needless to say my dad wasn't too happy after I threw my stuff in the washer. I tried getting some of the excess stuff off when I was at the car wash but it still made a nice mess in the washer.. Any tips/ideas or what you guys do?

Thanks

Brent

Go to a laundry mat. That is what I do! Those machines seem to be super duty for some reason?

Go to a laundry mat. That is what I do! Those machines seem to be super duty for some reason?

or you just dont notice when they break. i wash no toil air filters in them. lol

wait til it dries, and then excess will just crumble off.

Two great suggestions: 1) Wait until it dries and, 2) go to a laundromat. I would suggest combining both.

You'll keep your Dad and the local Laundromat happy too.

When you get home hose it off real good with the garden hose and then wash them.

Steve

Once you get the excess dirt off, wash with Oxy Clean & Tide, do extra dirty wash, and extra rinse. The Tide does make a difference compared to other detergents. My white gear comes out nice and clean.

Once you get the excess dirt off, wash with Oxy Clean & Tide, do extra dirty wash, and extra rinse. The Tide does make a difference compared to other detergents. My white gear comes out nice and clean.
I am going to have to try oxy clean now even though I hate billy mays with a passion :lol:
I am going to have to try oxy clean now even though I hate billy mays with a passion :worthy:

The oxy clean really helps. I even use it on my air filters :lol: .

When you get home hose it off real good with the garden hose and then wash them.

Steve

That's what I do.

the garden hose then a wash in oxy clean does a great job. Just let it air dry though, learned that one from the wife. Thanks honey!!

My wife either power washes all our gear or hoses it off really good before putting it in the home washer...

just hose it of in the driveway. we usually just power wash everything with one of those little electric powerwashers. its great.

My wife either power washes all our gear or hoses it off really good before putting it in the home washer...

My wife says to send it to your wife....

That's what I do to. I feel a little bad about it sometime though. The other people look at me weird when I dump out dirt and gravel into the garbage can from the bottom of my laundry basket after I load into the washer!

1 - hose off major dirt

2 - use a large plastic tub and fill with hose and laundy soap

3 - hand wash starting with least dirty gear 1rst like Helmet & goggles

4 - hand wash dirtiest gear like pants & jersey

5 - hand rinse in tub with clean water - cleaner stuff 1rst as described above

6 - hang out to dry

Once you do this a few times it only takes about 15 minutes and you don't waste time going to a laundry mat or screw up your washer/dryer.

wash them with a garden hose then i just put them on and take a shower , throw them in the washing machine .

1 - hose off major dirt

2 - use a large plastic tub and fill with hose and laundy soap

3 - hand wash starting with least dirty gear 1rst like Helmet & goggles

4 - hand wash dirtiest gear like pants & jersey

5 - hand rinse in tub with clean water - cleaner stuff 1rst as described above

6 - hang out to dry

Once you do this a few times it only takes about 15 minutes and you don't waste time going to a laundry mat or screw up your washer/dryer.

That sounds like way too much work!! I have an HE washer, and have never had any problem with putting the muddy gear straight in. I think the extra rinse takes care of any risidual mess elft in there. We'll see what happens a few years down the road though.

Forget OxyClean, just grab a shamwow and then you can just suck the dirt and mud before you even leave the dirt. Hell you wont ever need to wash your clothes. You can just keep them on because they will be clean. It will pay for itself instantly. I use the sham wow for all of my clothes. I haven't used a washer in like a year!

I hose everything off the best i can then throw in the washer.