Sign in to follow this  

Enzo help

I deleted this post because I have yet to contact enzo and honestly I havent given them the chance to make things right. I posted right after coming back from the track and I was so pissed off I let my temper get the best of me cuz now I regret making this thread. I'll update you guys after I have them revalve.

Didn't I reed a while back your running Dave J's oil?

Just wondering.....if so...does enzo know this?

IMHO...talk to enzo. They will make it right, and other people on this forum have posted that already. Either have them pay for everything to get it redone....or have them refund your money.

I would first voice your concerns to them...and see what they say.

is DaveJ's oil that stuff that is supposed to address vibration and eliminate arm-pump?

So any adjustments that you made, including getting your SAG set right didn't seem to get you in the ballpark?

I am very frustrated with my Enzo suspension. I have spent 2 track days trying to get it to perform the way I would like but have had only minor improvements. Lets start off with the good so this post isn’t entirely dedicated to bashing Enzo. The turn around time was awesome, they shipped the day after receiving the forks. The bike feels better but nothing drastic, all the same problems are still there but they aren’t as predominant. The front end still doesn’t track it pushes coming out of turns, the rear still bucks under braking bumps, the front and rear feel too stiff, and there is still an initial harshness to the front forks. I purchased some framebreakers FVO sub tanks but they have yet to arrive. I’m hoping that the sub tanks help take away the stiff feeling and help with turning but I dont think they will make the drastic change I need. Can I get a refund from enzo, at least a partial? To be onest I dont want to send my suspension back to them. They gave me a price before I shipped them my suspesnsion and then when they called to get my CC# the price was $180 more. I asked why and they said that they misquoted me. But when I was given the quote I made sure to repeat all the extras I wanted (worcs bumper and bladder and revalve the stabilizer) the receptionist at Enzo said all that was included in the quote. I want to use a different suspension builder but I already have $700 into the enzo setup and cant afford another $450 to have Smart Performance revalve Enzo's mistake.

send it back and tell them what you want. if it sucks the 2nd time demand a refund and send it to RG3. every bike i've had RG3 do has been frickin awesome. setup usually only requires slight sag adjustment and maybe 1 click here or there.

i've never used them but from what i understand, enzo is really good to their customers. i bet if you called them and told them the problem your having, they would make the changes free of charge

So any adjustments that you made, including getting your SAG set right didn't seem to get you in the ballpark?

Sag was 97mm when i got it back from enso. Im running 107-108 but have gone as low as 115. And Im running the fork oil That Enzo uses, I was jus asking if Daves oil would help or compound the problems.

I deleted my first post because I have yet to contact enzo and honestly I havent given them the chance to make things right. I was just bummed about the misquote and pissed that I cant get things to work right. I'll update this thread after I have them revalve. I posted right after coming back from the track and I was so pissed off I let my temper get the best of me cuz now I regret making this thread.

I posted right after coming back from the track and I was so pissed off I let my temper get the best of me cuz now I regret making this thread.

if it makes you feel any better, you wouldn't be alone in being pissed after a revalve on the 09. It's not an easy bike to get right, but if it helps, there is hope and it'll start making sense soon enough, but just know it may take some time to get dialed. I've only been working on for 4-5 months.:banghead:

Balance is KEY on this bike as it affects how the bike steers BIG TIME. Get it wrong and you'll HATE this bike. Been there many times. :lol::worthy:

Hang in there, I think Enzo is reputable.

Sag was 97mm when i got it back from enso. Im running 107-108 but have gone as low as 115. And Im running the fork oil That Enzo uses, I was jus asking if Daves oil would help or compound the problems.

I deleted my first post because I have yet to contact enzo and honestly I havent given them the chance to make things right. I was just bummed about the misquote and pissed that I cant get things to work right. I'll update this thread after I have them revalve. I posted right after coming back from the track and I was so pissed off I let my temper get the best of me cuz now I regret making this thread.

I didn't realize that was you. If you can get Enzo to fix it, do so. But, I highly recommend Smart Performance's Dell Taco and EPNP plus the SPI fluid for all '09 CRF450's. It makes the bike a demon on the track, with the best handling of any 4 stroke's that I have ever rode, it feels like more like a 02-03 CR 250 than a CRF of any size. It is by far the most balanced of the mods I have ridden with and worth every penny.

If you can't get Enzo to correct it, give DaveJ a call.

I didn't realize that was you. If you can get Enzo to fix it, do so. But, I highly recommend Smart Performance's Dell Taco and EPNP plus the SPI fluid for all '09 CRF450's. It makes the bike a demon on the track, with the best handling of any 4 stroke's that I have ever rode, it feels like more like a 02-03 CR 250 than a CRF of any size. It is by far the most balanced of the mods I have ridden with and worth every penny.

If you can't get Enzo to correct it, give DaveJ a call.

can you tell us more about the dell taco on the honda 2009 450?

where do you ride? what level? what are you comparing it to? I ask only cause first, i am interested and second, everybody thinks thier suspension is the best. I want to know what makes it better than the typical suspension shops and why.

thanks

can you tell us more about the dell taco on the honda 2009 450?

where do you ride? what level? what are you comparing it to? I ask only cause first, i am interested and second, everybody thinks thier suspension is the best. I want to know what makes it better than the typical suspension shops and why.

thanks

I ride in Western KY, Southern IL, West TN, Eastern MO and some AR, AL and MS tracks. I compete in 25+ A, 30+ A and MX A classes. I weigh 205 (Street clothes) 6'1" tall.

Comparing it to the stock setup with the adjusters in every possible setting and stock springs. RG3 best current setup and springs and Factory Connections best current setup.

The Dell Taco and EPNP type of valving is totally different than the other companies. Everything is more controlled, with very good feel and awesome balance. None of the mods are permanent and you can use the stock springs from 180 ish to 220 ish. The SPI-3 fluid is quite different and has a different, kind of thicker feel while riding without being harsh. Also, I have used the SPI fluid with stock and other valving. And, it doesn't shine as well as it does with the Dell Taco, EPNP and Clover Anti-cav mods.

I'm still playing with some of my older stuff to learn more about what will and won't work with the SPI fluid and Taco'ed setups. But, on the '09 CRF450 the SPI and full Taco'ed mods are the way to go.

so you had your bike revalved by RG3 and by FC and didn't like it and had it done by DaveJ??

or you rode someone elses bike revalved by RG3 and someone elses bike revalved by FC??

there is a big difference there so please clarify

I ride in Western KY, Southern IL, West TN, Eastern MO and some AR, AL and MS tracks. I compete in 25+ A, 30+ A and MX A classes. I weigh 205 (Street clothes) 6'1" tall.

Comparing it to the stock setup with the adjusters in every possible setting and stock springs. RG3 best current setup and springs and Factory Connections best current setup.

The Dell Taco and EPNP type of valving is totally different than the other companies. Everything is more controlled, with very good feel and awesome balance. None of the mods are permanent and you can use the stock springs from 180 ish to 220 ish. The SPI-3 fluid is quite different and has a different, kind of thicker feel while riding without being harsh. Also, I have used the SPI fluid with stock and other valving. And, it doesn't shine as well as it does with the Dell Taco, EPNP and Clover Anti-cav mods.

I'm still playing with some of my older stuff to learn more about what will and won't work with the SPI fluid and Taco'ed setups. But, on the '09 CRF450 the SPI and full Taco'ed mods are the way to go.

First of all, FC, RG3 or any of the Big Name companies only go off of your size, weight and the skill level that you give them. Unless you send it back to them 2 or 3 times, then it is not setup for YOU. If you send them 20 set's of suspension and tell them they are for a 6'1", 200lb "A" MX rider. They will be valved, sprung and setup the very same. Which is based off they're testing and what the majority of guy's that size/speed have said they prefer. (How else would it be?)

That said, 3 of my friends are the same size and speed as I am, we have rode together for years and our bikes are always setup up the same. All of us like the Dell Taco'ed '09 better than any of the others. I did all of the mods myself and I have now done 2 of my friends bikes that had the FC and RG3 mods done to them, and they love there '09's now.

Is it the best setup for everyone? I don't know, I just know that it works very well for guy's my size and speed. After all, how can you test ride a bike that is setup for a lighter or heavier rider and say anything about it?

If you are 180-220lbs and want a balanced, very predictible and stable bike. That gets better the harder you ride it, then you would love Dave's mods too.

For the record I did have a 180lb "B" rider try out the bike as well, and he now wants the same mods. SPI mods seem to fit a wider range of riders then the conventional re-shim companies. If you study what Dave is doing to the forks and how he is doing it. (All of the info is here under "Dell Taco" or "SDT" and "DDT") You will see that it is not even close to the same as everyone else.

First of all, FC, RG3 or any of the Big Name companies only go off of your size, weight and the skill level that you give them. Unless you send it back to them 2 or 3 times, then it is not setup for YOU. If you send them 20 set's of suspension and tell them they are for a 6'1", 200lb "A" MX rider. They will be valved, sprung and setup the very same. Which is based off they're testing and what the majority of guy's that size/speed have said they prefer. (How else would it be?)

That said, 3 of my friends are the same size and speed as I am, we have rode together for years and our bikes are always setup up the same. All of us like the Dell Taco'ed '09 better than any of the others. I did all of the mods myself and I have now done 2 of my friends bikes that had the FC and RG3 mods done to them, and they love there '09's now.

Is it the best setup for everyone? I don't know, I just know that it works very well for guy's my size and speed. After all, how can you test ride a bike that is setup for a lighter or heavier rider and say anything about it?

If you are 180-220lbs and want a balanced, very predictible and stable bike. That gets better the harder you ride it, then you would love Dave's mods too.

For the record I did have a 180lb "B" rider try out the bike as well, and he now wants the same mods. SPI mods seem to fit a wider range of riders then the conventional re-shim companies. If you study what Dave is doing to the forks and how he is doing it. (All of the info is here under "Dell Taco" or "SDT" and "DDT") You will see that it is not even close to the same as everyone else.

thanks for the feedback. one more question, in what conditions does it work better? Corners, braking bumps, whoops??? in other words, since you have ridden a few other setups, specifically what does this do the others dont? I am asking because my stuff is pretty good now, just off in a few areas that maybe this can cure?

thanks again

Good question.

It works better in corners for sure, over all handling is off the charts. No more oversteer/knifing or stink bug feel. It is so good, that you can feel the front tire as it is loosing traction and slide the bike much better. The twitchy or unstable front end feeling is gone everywhere, I must add that I stiffened up the HPSD and used SPI-5 in it as well.

The whoops are extremely good as well as medium hits. The bottoming and big hits are better than any bike that I have rode to date with such a low oil height. It isn't, or doesn't give the impression of a plush bike, but it doesn't beat you up at all either. The harder that you ride the bike the plusher it feels, but it doesn't loose any of the already mentioned traits like most valving tends to do.

I hope that makes sense, because it is different than any type of valving that I have ever rode with in my 18+ years of MX racing and kind of hard to explain. I know that the fluid is most of the strange feel and it works very well with the DDT EPNP Clover Anti-Cav mods. I haven't had a chance to see how well it works on the KX or YZ but since they are basically the same forks, I'm sure the results will be similar.