Sign in to follow this  

need help

hey guys, ive got an 07 rm125 in good condition and the kid before me raced it, but i dont. ive had it since the summer and have only been able to ride on this trail by my house and my plug has been pretty black. we just bought a trailer on friday and ill finally be able to go ride at a track. however i still wont be able to until it warms up outside. the kid before me ran at a 40:1 ratio with unknown premix but he kept his bike well maintained and im sure he had it jetted for 40:1. i brought it down to around 32:1 by accident without rejetting and now im done with this tank and im gonna go BACK to 40:1 with H1R i think. question is, do you think ive already messed up my jetting by accidently mixing wrong? also, do i have to rejet if i get a new full exhaust? sorry for all the questions but i try to keep all my things running the right way. Thanks for all the help

1. Do you think ive already messed up my jetting by accidently mixing wrong?

No, you should be fine. But try to stick with a quality 2st oil and with Zook's recommended ratio.

2. Do i have to rejet if i get a new full exhaust?

Yes, the manufacture of the exhaust will usually give you jetting spec that will get you in the ballpark.

Sorry for all the questions but i try to keep all my things running the right way. Thanks for all the help

That is why there are places like TT, for friendly advice.

No, you should be fine. But try to stick with a quality 2st oil and with Zook's recommended ratio.

Yes, the manufacture of the exhaust will usually give you jetting spec that will get you in the ballpark.

That is why there are places like TT, for friendly advice.

I see that Spike has beaten me to the post........again:foul:

125's are RPM monsters and you want them to eat as much oil as possible.

It also depends on the type of riding you do as well. Tight technical trails will consume less oil than WOT MX.

Your plug may be black from lugging the motor allowing a build up of carbon and possibly unspent fuel.

Post back with more info on the type of riding you will be doing and the brand of pipe you are in search for.:lol:

The factory recommends 30:1 but like i said the kid before told us that his dad always took his bike to a local shop that their friend owned and that he maintained the bike very well engine wise so im almost positive its jetted to be run at high rpms and for 40:1. And since we got our trailer, ill probably be heading up to Raceway Park now or somewhere in Pennsylvania. And the exhaust im looking towards getting is Procircuit Platinum pipe with Factory 304 silencer. hope that helps and thanks again guys!

The factory recommends 30:1 but like i said the kid before told us that his dad always took his bike to a local shop that their friend owned and that he maintained the bike very well engine wise so im almost positive its jetted to be run at high rpms and for 40:1. And since we got our trailer, ill probably be heading up to Raceway Park now or somewhere in Pennsylvania. And the exhaust im looking towards getting is Procircuit Platinum pipe with Factory 304 silencer. hope that helps and thanks again guys!

So you ride MX! Good deal.

If it were me I would run the factory ratio, but that is your call. Usually when people sell bikes they often don't dump money into it. They make sure it runs really well and sell it. It's a good practice to install a new topend in a used bike when you buy it unless the seller has reciepts and the old parts to prove that the topend is fresh, even then be weary. Jetting is a constant practice with most 2T's and usually when you change premix oils, fuel brands, the weather changes etc etc your jetting may change. Dealers have a practice on jetting most of the time. They set the carb to the stock settings and thats it. So keep an eye on the jetting. There is a great jetting link in the Suzuki FAQ's thread at the top of this forum page. It will tell you how to jet properly.

Pro Circuit is a good pipe choice, and when I installed mine I didn't have to rejet. Conditions will vary though.

Good luck:thumbsup:

So you ride MX! Good deal.

If it were me I would run the factory ratio, but that is your call. Usually when people sell bikes they often don't dump money into it. They make sure it runs really well and sell it. It's a good practice to install a new topend in a used bike when you buy it unless the seller has reciepts and the old parts to prove that the topend is fresh, even then be weary. Jetting is a constant practice with most 2T's and usually when you change premix oils, fuel brands, the weather changes etc etc your jetting may change. Dealers have a practice on jetting most of the time. They set the carb to the stock settings and thats it. So keep an eye on the jetting. There is a great jetting link in the Suzuki FAQ's thread at the top of this forum page. It will tell you how to jet properly.

Pro Circuit is a good pipe choice, and when I installed mine I didn't have to rejet. Conditions will vary though.

Good luck:thumbsup:

I cant decide between pro circuit and fmf. which do you think has over all better power enhancements, like a strongder powerband you know. Thanks for the help.

If you are going to rev that 125 the way it is supposed to be revved, I would not run lower than 32:1 with ANY oil in it. It is a proven fact that two-strokes make MORE power with higher oil % as long as they are jetted properly. Don't forget, oil not only lubricates, but it also carries heat out of the engine and plays a role in the overall engine cooling package.