FIRST four stroke

right now i ride a 95 kx125 and all my friends trail ride SLOW so im thinking a older 250f or klx300(or something else similar) both are about 10lb heavier than the kx

i ride mostly adobe but ill be going to moab later this year

my price range is set at about 2k

im 5'11" 145lb and 14 y/o i would say intermediate skill leval

If you are only trail riding then consider picking up an old XR250, they may not be fast but they last forever. The KLX300 is a step up from the XR, worth looking at if you find a good one in your price range.

Stay away from any motocross 250f, if they are ridden like they were designed to be, they are time bombs. Yes, they are fast and handle great, but they are also "high maintenance". If you want a 250f, then try to find an off-road 250f in your price range. Many of them have electric starting (a cool feature), over sized gas tanks and factory spark arrestors. And those three items make them way better than the MX models when you go off-road.

Another very good option is a KDX200. They can handle going slow but they can also haul the mail if you are motovated. They were really only updated once about 8 or more years ago, so finding a used one is just as good as a new one. And aftermarket parts are all over the place. And for what it's worth, the KDX200 uses a KX125 frame, so it's going to feel like your 125 only with a lot more power.

If you are only trail riding then consider picking up an old XR250, they may not be fast but they last forever. The KLX300 is a step up from the XR, worth looking at if you find a good one in your price range.

Stay away from any motocross 250f, if they are ridden like they were designed to be, they are time bombs. Yes, they are fast and handle great, but they are also "high maintenance". If you want a 250f, then try to find an off-road 250f in your price range. Many of them have electric starting (a cool feature), over sized gas tanks and factory spark arrestors. And those three items make them way better than the MX models when you go off-road.

Another very good option is a KDX200. They can handle going slow but they can also haul the mail if you are motovated. They were really only updated once about 8 or more years ago, so finding a used one is just as good as a new one. And aftermarket parts are all over the place. And for what it's worth, the KDX200 uses a KX125 frame, so it's going to feel like your 125 only with a lot more power.

yeah my dad has a kdx220 ive rode it about 10miles total before i figured out that i hated the suspension and the left side engine guard i like how much longer the gears are on it then the 125

i decided on a old yz/wr250f because of the 5 speed mostly and the suspension

crf250x?

get a newer 125 or 250 2t, and you will love it. By now, I'm sure the 125 2t's have more power than yours, just because of age, etc...

ktm 200's... any trail ktm with lights... crf230...dr200...

i cant afford a 250x and and my friends are slow enough to foul a plug riding with them on there xr200 n 230f so thats the main problem with a two stroke an those bikes you mentioned all have not exactly good suspension

i cant afford a 250x and and my friends are slow enough to foul a plug riding with them on there xr200 n 230f so thats the main problem with a two stroke an those bikes you mentioned all have not exactly good suspension

yz125's have perfect butter soft but mx stiff suspension set up for your weight stock... they are great bikes, and won't foul plugs trail riding if jetted correctly, and with a $50 fly wheel weight, will be great at trail riding

Why don't you just keep the smoker and get some faster friends?

you need to jet your bike right, there is no reason to foul plugs while your going slow.

Yea, I was just kidding above. A quick air screw and/or clip adjustment, and you should be able to ride slow with no plug fouling.