Helmet Cameras?

I've bought the go pro.... i've not tested it yet, but it seems to be a quality bit of kit and if you order the motorsport version comes with a big of goodies for mounting.

I've seen a few vidoes from it and they look the biz

Looking for water, shock resistant, decent resolution, and a reasonable price.

You just described the GoPro to a letter. I got one and love it. $189.00, 2GB SD card from Wal Mart, couple of AAA rechargables (if temps are warm), plenty of mounting options included with the camera.?

Only down side is having to use high $$ Lithium batteries when the temp drops below 60 degrees.

I use a GoPro Wide Angle and it works great for me. Quality is very good prior to uploading on the internet. Doesn't catch a lot of wind noise or vibrations either. You get about 5 or so mounts plus a suction cup mount. Pretty sweet deal. 2GB SD memory card and some rechargeable batteries get you about 50 minutes of recording time. I haven't used the picture mode yet.

I used the rubber strap that came with the kit, then placed a stiff piece of foam under the camera which helped steady the picture and hold it tighter.

how do you get it around the helmet? Mine wont even get close.

sorry for all the questions, but I just got a ATC2K this weekend and cant figure this out for the life of me.

It's kinda bad, I've heard that there is a fix though. You have to remove the little trap door over the mic, and put some cotton over the mic. I never got around to trying it before getting the VHoldR. I think the trap door is the one with the weird little screws on it.

How is the wind noise with the act3k?, I have the act2k and wind noise is real bad

bah, I just saw a site with info on this earlier and cant find it ?

I guess if you take the mic housing off there is a little rubber piece. If you take it out, you will get better sound quality. I guess they had to sacrifice sound quality for a waterproof unit.