Sign in to follow this  

What would I gain by installing these?

I have the 628cc power up kit in my 92 XR600R, it came with a brand new still in the package NH-4 cam and a brand new still in the box Mikuni 41mm flatside carb. I was wondering what kind of gains I could expect from the cam and carb. Or is it even worthwhile to put them in. I am somewhat of a speedfreak so any additional power I can get is always a good thing. I am fairly certain the cam would give me some more bottom end grunt, but would it make much of a difference in the mid to top end range? I know absolutely nothing about this carb, but I assume the PO got it because it had some promise of some power or reliability gains.

Or to put it another way, if you had these at your disposal would you put them in? Thanks for any info you may send my way.

I have an 883 sportster that I put a little hotter cams into and it really made a difference, but these are two different animals and since the XR has so much torque as it is I would just like to know if the cam would make a noticible difference.

Mark

You will get a boost in the mid-top end with the cam and compared to the stock carb the mikuni will give you better throttle response with hardly any bogging.

In other words you will be happy with them

if you had these at your disposal would you put them in? Thanks for any info you may send my way.

Absolutely I would!

You can expect noticeable midrange and top end gains on the butt dyno. The HRC NH4 cam is a good one and the Mikuni will definitely breathe better.