Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Trying to find 1st supermoto

I have been rideing Motocross for a while but never have tried my hand at supermoto. I am trying to find the best bike for the buck. I have come across a KTM 525 that is street legal here in Japan. I plan on takeing it back to the states when I am done here. Is The KTM 525 a good bike and How hard is it to get a supermoto regestard in the states?

:lol:

I have been rideing Motocross for a while but never have tried my hand at supermoto. I am trying to find the best bike for the buck. I have come across a KTM 525 that is street legal here in Japan. I plan on takeing it back to the states when I am done here. Is The KTM 525 a good bike and How hard is it to get a supermoto regestard in the states?

:ride:

the ktm is a superrr sick bike, a high quality bike, with the downside of highly pricy parts. i have a suzuki drz400sm and i love it. if you buy the ktm be prepared to spend loads on parts, because everyone knows the ktm is the benz of motos :p

the ktm is a superrr sick bike, a high quality bike, with the downside of highly pricy parts. i have a suzuki drz400sm and i love it. if you buy the ktm be prepared to spend loads on parts, because everyone knows the ktm is the benz of motos :ride:

I am not sure about the pricey part of that...

...anyway, the tagging of a KTM can be easy if it has not been tagged as an off road vehicle. They come with the proper VIN for a Motorcycle title. KTM makes a hardpart catalog which is very helpful.:p

I love mine!

Thanks for the input. I got the KTM 525 Supermoto and the power is great. I hear the bike has a over heating problum though and am thinking about the HT-racing oil cooler. Is there anyideas to get better life out of the orange monster.:)

hiya, i have a ktm 525. its a beast. mine doesnt over heat much because its fitted with an electric fan kit on the rad. works a treat. its never over heated on the road. good choice of bike by the way, welcome to the orange side :)