Are kawasakis metric?

Hey guys I am about to do some work to my new bike. This sounds stupid but I can not find any where to say if they are metric or not?

yes, they're Jap.

yes, they're Jap.

I'm turning japanese i think I'm turning japanese i really think so-

OK I just really showed my age.I bet neverenough HAS NO IDEA what I was singing,rather typing there.That's cool as most of the time NOR DO I.

Hey guys I am about to do some work to my new bike. This sounds stupid but I can not find any where to say if they are metric or not?
If it's made in any country other than the U.S., it's metric.

yes,its metric. alot of cars are metric also.

Yes, it is the superior metric system, not the crappy SAE. (not that I have a preference) :lol:

On many of the bolts on the parts diagram, it mentions the metric sizes.

I'm turning japanese i think I'm turning japanese i really think so-

Sounds like mebbe a case of Vapor(s) lock :p

Yes, it is the superior metric system, not the crappy SAE. (not that I have a preference) :p

On many of the bolts on the parts diagram, it mentions the metric sizes.

i have a prefernce and i think SAE should be abolished for most things

I read some where there's only 3 country's in the world that still use standard

America and two country's in Africa

i wonder if that true

SAE isn't so bad. But leave it to the Brits to come up with Whitworth. It is so frustrating trying to rebuild a 1965 Triumph Bonneville when neither SAE nor metric tools fit. A whitworth 8 piece wrench set sells for about $120 and about the same for each 8 piece socket set. It sux!!!

When I was working as a mechanic I hated working on light duty trucks and vans. A cluster-F of standard and metric fasteners. :p

When I was working as a mechanic I hated working on light duty trucks and vans. A cluster-F of standard and metric fasteners. :moon:

I think my Ford F-150 has a bunch of metric, but I'm never sure. I've never had to check threads, but bolt heads, well, they just seem to be all over the place. Who knows?:p At least with a Kawasaki, you know its all metric.:ride:

I think my Ford F-150 has a bunch of metric, but I'm never sure. I've never had to check threads, but bolt heads, well, they just seem to be all over the place. Who knows?:p At least with a Kawasaki, you know its all metric.:ride:

after reading your signature,I would really enjoy you elaborating on the differences between your KDX220 and the KX500.Type about things like hanging on the 500 after getting off the 220,the half mile of roost that the 500 throws and the fact that no one can ride too close to you because of that roost, the difference in ridability between the two in the woods and tight trails,100 mph wheelies on the 500,rolling on 5th gear whellies on the 500@ whatever speed,flicking the 500 around as opposed to flicking the 220,and anything else that you would care to share w/us(me mainly i guess) as I have salivated for a KX500 for a long long time.Hell i would pay to just ride one once.

after reading your signature,I would really enjoy you elaborating on the differences between your KDX220 and the KX500.Type about things like hanging on the 500 after getting off the 220,the half mile of roost that the 500 throws and the fact that no one can ride too close to you because of that roost, the difference in ridability between the two in the woods and tight trails,100 mph wheelies on the 500,rolling on 5th gear whellies on the 500@ whatever speed,flicking the 500 around as opposed to flicking the 220,and anything else that you would care to share w/us(me mainly i guess) as I have salivated for a KX500 for a long long time.Hell i would pay to just ride one once.
Hell, a synopsis of that is simple. In a straight line, the 500 will destroy the KDX. But in the twisty rooty slippery woods, where peak horsepower is completely meaningless, the KDX will be The Man.:p
Hell, a synopsis of that is simple. In a straight line, the 500 will destroy the KDX. But in the twisty rooty slippery woods, where peak horsepower is completely meaningless, the KDX will be The Man.:p

since you typed that w/conviction Chokey,I will accept your synopsis and cease or at least limit my desire to straddle a KX500.For the time being that is-

my KDX still scares me once or twice every ride.Does that qualify as an addiction?

Yes there's only a few (3-4) countries in the world not using metric.

I've been told that the Baja 1000 is not actually 1000 miles, but 1000 kms. Without searching, is this true?

SAE isn't so bad. But leave it to the Brits to come up with Whitworth. It is so frustrating trying to rebuild a 1965 Triumph Bonneville when neither SAE nor metric tools fit. A whitworth 8 piece wrench set sells for about $120 and about the same for each 8 piece socket set. It sux!!!

lol after googling "whitworth" , you have solved about a half dozen mysteries for me, never knew that

Yes there's only a few (3-4) countries in the world not using metric.

I've been told that the Baja 1000 is not actually 1000 miles, but 1000 kms. Without searching, is this true?

no, its just a rough average. the 2008 500 was 441.1 miles

since you typed that w/conviction Chokey,I will accept your synopsis and cease or at least limit my desire to straddle a KX500.For the time being that is-

my KDX still scares me once or twice every ride.Does that qualify as an addiction?

an addiction is defined as deliberate repeated use or action despite consequences.

my friends call me to go out drinking. i say "no, i wanna ride tommorrow". this proves i am not an alcoholic because i said no due to the consequence of riding hungover.

i have house work to do, im broke, forgot to wash the gear, and the HOA is going to fine me if i dont do my yard work this weekend, i go riding anyway despite the consequences. i am hooked to the best drug ever. :p

Don't get me wrong, 500s are hellacious fun, in the right conditions. They just don't really make good tight-woods bikes.Will they work in the woods? Of course. But they are a big, over-powered, slow handling bike that takes a lot of work to man-handle around in nasty conditions, and you can't light the fuse in tight woods, so all that horsepower is pretty much useless until the terrain opens up.