Sign in to follow this  

rewording post...new bottom end from scratch.

wanted to know the hours it would take to put a brand new bottom end together...new cases..rod assem..all the bearings and seals..on a 98 kx 250 thanx all! oh the cases are already split...just mainly have to pull the cylinder studs off old cases then toss cases lol...its like the mechanics on tv, working with all new parts lol i have no experience with bottom ends and dont want to spend more money on a screw up.Also I dont have the needed tools or press..again thanx for all your guys help! Mark

Your re-wording didn't change the question or the answer. If you know what you are doing, you can do it in a couple of hours. If you don't know what you are doing, as long as you have the manual you can do it in a weekend.

wanted to know the hours it would take to put a brand new bottom end together...new cases..rod assem..all the bearings and seals..on a 98 kx 250 thanx all! oh the cases are already split...just mainly have to pull the cylinder studs off old cases then toss cases lol...its like the mechanics on tv, working with all new parts lol i have no experience with bottom ends and dont want to spend more money on a screw up.Also I dont have the needed tools or press..again thanx for all your guys help! Mark

you atleast need a torque wrench & bearing puller.

the new bearings & crank can be assembled with out a press with cold/hot expansion if you know what your doing.

if you have the cases split already You'll need a torque wrench and a BBQ (keep it at or below 200F) to assemble it all - that's about it. Why are you replacing the cases - did they crack?

It takes me about 3-4 hours to put together a typical 2 stroke from bench to break in.

yeah the rod broke which then came around and cracked the lower part of the case...everything is apart(split) cleaning what i can...then ordering rest of the parts...

yeah its a pretty destroyed engine...someone wasnt carefull..looks like a lower rod bearing might have went resulting in the rod breaking resulting in the broken rod to travel around with the crank destrying the bottom of the case and smashing the exhaust side of the cylinder(the part of cylinder that enters case)