Sign in to follow this  

Beta Rev3 flywheel removal Question

Hello, I have an 04 Beta Rev3. I just bouhgt this bike a couple weeks ago, and as I am in NY it has been cold. It ran when I bouhgt it, but now wont start. I want to remove the flywheel to inspect the ignition.

Question : is the flywheel nut left handed? I dont want to remove till I know if it is standard or left handed thread.

Thanks so much

i'm pretty sure it's normal. and trust me when i say it's on there really tight. But why do you think the ignition went bad?

The only thing I have done is wash the bike. I removed the ignition cover and there was water in there. I just want to make sure all is clean and rust free in there. I know the flywheel removal tool is reverse thread. I just wanted to confirm the flywheel nust was standard thread before I got on it with the air impact.

I am in upstate (Rome )

Thanks for the repsonse

make sure to check woodruff key and buy a gasket ,also use silicone around the wire harness.

The only thing I have done is wash the bike. I removed the ignition cover and there was water in there. I just want to make sure all is clean and rust free in there. I know the flywheel removal tool is reverse thread. I just wanted to confirm the flywheel nust was standard thread before I got on it with the air impact.

I am in upstate (Rome )

Thanks for the repsonse

Fester, there is no gasket in there... heck, that cover is just plastic

Most Beta riders even drill a little weep hole to drain water out....

theres no side cover gasket?oh yeah its a beta,if not silicone it anyhoot.i would mount a type of crankcase vent in the top of that cover and attach a hose to it to release condensation.that would be clean or a drilled out zerk fitting.a cheap mod!