Beta Rev3 flywheel removal Question

Hello, I have an 04 Beta Rev3. I just bouhgt this bike a couple weeks ago, and as I am in NY it has been cold. It ran when I bouhgt it, but now wont start. I want to remove the flywheel to inspect the ignition.

Question : is the flywheel nut left handed? I dont want to remove till I know if it is standard or left handed thread.

Thanks so much

i'm pretty sure it's normal. and trust me when i say it's on there really tight. But why do you think the ignition went bad?

oh, and what part of ny are you?

The only thing I have done is wash the bike. I removed the ignition cover and there was water in there. I just want to make sure all is clean and rust free in there. I know the flywheel removal tool is reverse thread. I just wanted to confirm the flywheel nust was standard thread before I got on it with the air impact.

I am in upstate (Rome )

Thanks for the repsonse

make sure to check woodruff key and buy a gasket ,also use silicone around the wire harness.

The only thing I have done is wash the bike. I removed the ignition cover and there was water in there. I just want to make sure all is clean and rust free in there. I know the flywheel removal tool is reverse thread. I just wanted to confirm the flywheel nust was standard thread before I got on it with the air impact.

I am in upstate (Rome )

Thanks for the repsonse

Fester, there is no gasket in there... heck, that cover is just plastic

and ur about two hours from me... why is it no one is close? btw, i'm basically albany

Fester, there is no gasket in there... heck, that cover is just plastic

Most Beta riders even drill a little weep hole to drain water out....

that's probably a good idea. and i know there was some rust inside mine.

theres no side cover gasket?oh yeah its a beta,if not silicone it anyhoot.i would mount a type of crankcase vent in the top of that cover and attach a hose to it to release condensation.that would be clean or a drilled out zerk fitting.a cheap mod!

there's a gasket on the left but not the right. there is no oil or anything over there.

Thanks for the advice

no problem. i was completely though the engine a few months after i bought mine.

tell em why red,come on go ahead

just remember to tighten the rear axle... i forgot and blew up first.

All good information