Cycra Mounts are NOT a PITA!

I just got a set of Cycra Pro Bend hand guards with the side triple clamp mounts for my 08 WR250F and I am having a little trouble putting them on.

If I adjust my brake lever where it feels best then the brake line hits the triple clamp mount. If I adjust the perch to clear the mount then it is either turned up too high or too low. I don't really want to grind off the tab on the MC (brand new bike and all). What else can I do?

Can the brake line be bent slightly to gain enough clearance without fear of damaging the line?

Since the brake line will be protected by the hand guard, can I remove the wedge shaped rubber boot on the end of the brake line to get a little more clearance between the line and the back of the triple clamp mount?

Also, I am trying to figure out how to use these mounts without having to modify my stock headlight mounting brackets or headlight plastic. I thought about bevelling out the hand guard mount or just using some spacers behind the triple clamp mounts to clear the headlight mounting tabs. Does anyone have any close up pics of how you fit your Cycra triple clamp mounts on the bike?

Finally, where did you source the longer bolts for the triple clamp? I have been all over trying to find the right bolts and have not had much luck so far. I've found some bolts that will work but I would rather use OEM looking bolts.

some hardware stores carry the stock looking bolts, but i havent seen them at the major retail chains.

i have these mounts on my 07 wr, your right its a pain in the a**.

i eventally made my own headlight brackets. at first i modified the stock ones i think i just pulled the headlight out and drilled a small hole in the bracket and used a sheet metal screw to reattach headllight.

like i said i ended up just making new ones. i completely removed the stock ignition switch all together. sorry i dont have better pics.

wr4.jpg

I just mounted a set of Cycra's, went with the bar clamps that are shaped like a U. I was concerned because there was a gap between the bar and the clamps, but just kept tightening and it just snugged right up. I know this isn't much comfort to you, but I called Cycra directly told them what bike I was riding, 07 WR250F and that was what they recommended. The U bar clamp allowed me to get around the brake master cylinder an hose. I previously had a set of Enduro Engineering but was never satisfied with the location, although got the straight bar clamps, possibly the U type bar clamps would have worked better. Good luck

Thanks Fruitfarmer. I'm thinking about getting a set of bar clamps so I won't have to mess with modifying the headlight brackets and the master cylinder/brake line just to get the side mount brackets to work. Afterall, I'm a beginner so it isn't like I'm gonna be flying through the trees.

I just mounted a set of Cycra's, went with the bar clamps that are shaped like a U. I was concerned because there was a gap between the bar and the clamps, but just kept tightening and it just snugged right up. I know this isn't much comfort to you, but I called Cycra directly told them what bike I was riding, 07 WR250F and that was what they recommended. The U bar clamp allowed me to get around the brake master cylinder an hose. I previously had a set of Enduro Engineering but was never satisfied with the location, although got the straight bar clamps, possibly the U type bar clamps would have worked better. Good luck

Did you use the Cycra Pro Taper U-Clamp Kit #1150-02?

Well I got em on without too much hassle afterall. I hacked off the upper tab on the master cylinder and then I used a couple of washers to space the side mount brackets out from the triple clamps enough to clear the headlight mounting tab and the cable guide. I didn't have to modify my brackets at all.